Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:28:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lovecraftian Flicks  (Read 24663 times)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 09:37:15 AM »
:lol:

I knew what you meant Uncle Mike, just agreeing with you in a rather too pointed way.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
I'm so thrilled I just got:

Shuttered Room  inheriting a old house in Arkham!!! with Oliver Reed.

Boogens monsters freed from the earth

The Maze

The Asphyx about capturing death

Rod Serlings Lost Classics great period espisode with James Earl Jones and Jack Palance about reanimating the dead of an island community[/b]
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 01:00:32 PM »
The only one of those I've seen is the Boogens...bad movie! The Shuttered Room sounds quite good thou...let me know how it is.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
I remember seeing the Boogens when I was a kid and it scared the Hell outta me.  That's some old school fun there.

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
Don't ruin Boogens for me yet.  Haven't gotten the time to see it.

I'm presently working my way through all 3 Seasons of the Night Gallery.

The plot of Boogens sounds a little like that Masters of Horror Episode "The Damned Thing."

I love old horror movies two of my favorite gems are "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" & " Don't be Afraid of the Dark.  There was a time made for TV movies were just as scary (if not more) than what was on at the movies.  I still have childhood memories of seeing those 2 movies when I was young -too young in fact.

Someone sent me the entire first Season of "Friday the 13th the series" yesterday.   "Werewolf" the series with Chuck Conner is my next shipment.  

I get a neat feeling of nostalgia wathching all this old stuff.  My oldest son loves watching horror movies with me.  I wonder what kind of damage I'm causing his young mind.  Anyway, I watched them with my dad too when I was little - I turned out ok, right? :freak:

Offline Wallyocerous

• Librarian
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 04:50:42 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa!!!!  Where did you get the Friday the 13th series from???  I didn't think it was out on dvd!   :o

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »
I traded for it.
You would be surprised what dvd collectors out there have.  The hard part is finding the people who have with what you want.

I love trading obscure movies and tv shows with people.

It's on 7 DVDs like 29 episodes.  I only have Season 1.  It'll take forever to get around to watching it.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »
Quote from: "gauntman"
I just got a transfer copy of "Humanoids from the Deep" (1980) version.  It is a great classic B-movie.  I love the whole Deep One feel to it.  Even though they explain the issue as a genetic mutation.

You don't need a transfer copy, it's available to buy.
http://800-buy-movies.com/generalDVD/116964D1_Humanoids_From_The_Deep_dvd.htm
for example...

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
You don't need a transfer copy, it's available to buy.

"Traders (much like beggars) can't be choosers...."

http://www.sell.com/search/index.x?_d=1&posted=mini&show=mini&search=friday+the+13th

Here's a link for Friday the 13th complete series on www.sell.com

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 07:20:55 PM »
Friday the 13th was one of my favorite TV shows as a teenager.  I remember Saturday nights watching War of the World TV show then it was Friday the 13th the Series and then Elvira Mistress of the Dark.  

That brings back some great memories,
Brian

Offline Wallyocerous

• Librarian
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 03:07:28 AM »
Thanks for the link Gauntman!  Are these legit copies?  Are they just recorded from tv?

Ahhhh, the good old days of watching the War of the Worlds tv series (the first season at least) and Friday the 13th!   :)   Brings back good memories...

At least they have War of the Worlds out on dvd.  I didn't realize how bad some of the episodes (okay okay most!) are until I watched them again.  Still, the couple of good ones make up for the bad ones.   :wink:

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:44 AM »
That second season got way out there didn't it?  Turned into a post apocalyptic thing which they never really explain to well.  Tons of holes in the whole series but it was simple sci-fi fun.

Do you also remember Freddy's Nightmares, The Dark Room, Tales from the Crypt and Monsters, these were also staples in my splatter punk teen years.

Brian

Offline Wallyocerous

• Librarian
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »
I remember The Dark Room and Tales from the Crypt was one of my favourite tv shows out there!  I recently bought all (except the last) of the seasons on dvd.  Had a great time watching them all again - it had been so long that I'd forgotten what really happened in them...   :)

The second season of War of the Worlds - I couldn't get into it.  Kind of a neat idea, but I didn't like it and pretty much just stopped watching it after a few episodes.  What ever did happen on that season?   :?

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Lovecraftian Flicks
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
Tell you the truth I don't even remember.  I haven't seen the 2nd season since it aired originally.  I want to say that the daughter and some alien hybrid fell in love and then everyone saw the futileness of the fight and decided to live in peace or some crap like that.  I want to say that the black guy and the mom ended up dying by the end of the season but like I said I can't remember.

Brian

Offline MichaelS

• Lurker
Another fan of "Friday the 13th: The Series"
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 06:26:20 AM »
Count me in.  Great show with interesting storylines.  You wouldn't know it from the title.