Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 6mm resin Railway Buildings  (Read 4532 times)

Offline levenminiatures

• Assistant
    • Leven Miniatures - 6mm Resin Cast Buildings
6mm resin Railway Buildings
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
Just wondering what call there is for 6mm buildings for railways? I manufacture 6mm resin buildings and have produced a range of typically British railway buildings - era around 1940s to present day. I would like to expand the range, but only if it's going to be worthwhile. Alternately, anyone got any suggestions for a suitable scale to produce some in?
6mm resin cast buildings for wargamers - new models released most months
URL http://www.levenminiatures.co.uk or follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/levenminiatures

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
Re: 6mm resin Railway Buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »
Didn't know of this range at all ! Very nice buildings snd I found too many I want for my 6mm gaming :)

Would like to see these in 15mm scale also

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »
Just wondering what call there is for 6mm buildings for railways? I manufacture 6mm resin buildings and have produced a range of typically British railway buildings - era around 1940s to present day. I would like to expand the range, but only if it's going to be worthwhile. Alternately, anyone got any suggestions for a suitable scale to produce some in?

Railway buildings for 6mm are only good for Z gauge which is limited to one railroad model manufacturer (Märklin 1/220th scale) it you aim to railway layouts/model railroaders for ascending numbers of sales. That said, Maärklin does not produce any British railway model...
Wargaming wise you could think about casting tracks, trains or train sections (of three wagons or so).

20mm gamers will be thankful for buildings in 1/72 (better 1/76 for the 00 railroad modelers too) and 28mm gamers for any in 1/50-1/60, I guess.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
How about a set of track pieces on raised earth embankments, including an embankment passing over a road tunnel and spanning a river by girder bridge? Would serve from 19th Century Franco Prussian War/ACW battles through WW1 & WW2 up to Moderns/Cold War.

Offline levenminiatures

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
Railway buildings for 6mm are only good for Z gauge which is limited to one railroad model manufacturer (Märklin 1/220th scale) it you aim to railway layouts/model railroaders for ascending numbers of sales. That said, Maärklin does not produce any British railway model...
Wargaming wise you could think about casting tracks, trains or train sections (of three wagons or so).

20mm gamers will be thankful for buildings in 1/72 (better 1/76 for the 00 railroad modelers too) and 28mm gamers for any in 1/50-1/60, I guess.
Hi - thanks for that - I already do the tracks but your idea of rolling stock is interesting - will have to look into that. I know H&R do armoured trains but I don't think they do the rolling stock, and I don't want to tread on their toes so to speak.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:58:11 PM by levenminiatures »

Offline levenminiatures

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
How about a set of track pieces on raised earth embankments, including an embankment passing over a road tunnel and spanning a river by girder bridge? Would serve from 19th Century Franco Prussian War/ACW battles through WW1 & WW2 up to Moderns/Cold War.
I do the tracks & bridges etc., but seeing as everyone's layouts are unique I kept it to basic items to let everyone lay them out as they wish, but will look into something along those lines. thanks

Offline levenminiatures

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
Didn't know of this range at all ! Very nice buildings snd I found too many I want for my 6mm gaming :)

Would like to see these in 15mm scale also
Am currently looking into 10mm scale, but I think 15mm would be a little large for my facilities. You know where to find me for 6mm though...