Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Traveller Imperial Marines  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box
Re: Traveller Imperial Marines
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
However, there was a company called Martian Metals, they had upside down ads in Dragon magazine, and they did the first 15mm Traveller of which I'm aware. Badly done, as we've all agreed.

Yes, they did exist, and as a rule their human figures were ugly, I kinda like their K'Kree figures, which to be honest are ugly as well. If they hadn't burned down I suspect with time they would have gotten better.

But, as far as I can tell Martian Metals and the RAFM/Citadel figures all came out in the early 80s as to which was first I would have go look at my copies of jTas to see which ads came out 1st.

Most of the RAFM/Citadel line and the MM Grav tank are currently available from RAFM which leads me to believe that RAFM was producing both lines too some extent in Canada.

Though the funny thing is that the closest to the Iconic Marines from DGP and Grenadier in 15mm are Ground Zero Games UNSC Hardsuits. (Jon has stated more than once that Traveller was a heavy inspiration for a lot of his early Games and Miniatures, so one shouldn't be surprised).

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
Most of the RAFM/Citadel line and the MM Grav tank are currently available from RAFM which leads me to believe that RAFM was producing both lines too some extent in Canada.

Merde! I didn't recognize them when I was browsing the site awhile back. Thumbnails too small. Looking at the support staff, I think I have the original art used by GDW for one of the not-Aslan.  ;)

I think I'd rather make my own tanks than those, but I won't say no to some of the figs. Thanks for making me take a second look!

And yes, I'll be ordering from Jon again in the near future. Soon as I lick wounds from Tony at Brigade Models last sale...

Doug

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
Merde! I didn't recognize them when I was browsing the site awhile back. Thumbnails too small.

About two weeks before they rolled them out I won a full set of the the original Release in the with the boxes from a Gent in the UK. The figures I am still looking for is the 5 packs of 15mm Hobby Products produced I have seen two of the three blisters in the flesh so to speak, but as they saw very limited release outside of Germany they are bloody hard to find.

Looking at the support staff

The Support Staff figures match well with GZG's Colonial Militia sets.

I think I'd rather make my own tanks than those, but I won't say no to some of the figs. Thanks for making me take a second look!

I make most of my own vehicles, but I do own one of those tanks in the original Lead, it is a miniature to commit Homicide with.

And yes, I'll be ordering from Jon again in the near future. Soon as I lick wounds from Tony at Brigade Models last sale...

That is all to easy to do.... Both Tony and Jon have gotten my Allowance more than once.