Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Very American Civil War  (Read 19697 times)

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
Re: Very American Civil War
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 05:09:21 AM »
There's also some flags based on Confederate flags too.[...]
[...]and several variations of 'the State Flag of whatever state Sprinfield in the Simpsons is in', including this one -

You should definitely do that other Simpsons' State flag, the one with a Confederate flag in it (Why is that even on it - we're a Northern State! )
Read "Alfie's Tenners", appearing in Aurora magazine!
Expand your GK forces with cardboard models, available on DriveThruRPG!http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4773_4902
Your ad here, for a low price!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
So hows the project coming along? :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline section 8

• Assistant
    • My Imagination is in Ruins
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 05:24:56 AM »
This has so much potential. Hundreds of different factions scrambling for power. I think a lot of these would be unique to each state. Some of the larger factions would obviously be the U.S. Armed Forces, but who do they follow, and would they fight each other. The 9th and 10th Cavalry would be an excellent example, would they revolt if the Army follows a pro-fascist course. The CCC, Labor Unions, communists, anarchists, the KKK, Silver Shirts, and other fascists. Heck, the American Legion, Cox's Army, Oddfellows, Masons, Daughters of the American Revolution even. Henry Ford could be a supporter of the Fascists, easily producing vehicles, weapons, and sending forces out across America via his small private air force of ford tri-motors to stir up trouble, secure strategic resources, and help out in trouble spots. Why not even have Adolf send over some military advisers to help old Henry out. German subs in the Great Lakes, Italo Balbo and his flying boats doing commando style raids on the east coast. The Japanese using the occasion to move in on some U.S. territory, Hawaii, the Philippines, maybe even the Panama Canal. Why not have MacArthur making a deal with the Japanese (oh the irony) to help secure an unruly west coast, while he deals with the east, all in exchange for some much needed oil to run the Japanese war machine. French Foreign Legion, and the French Expeditionary force landing in New Orleans (where else). The roads are still in poor shape, and not likely to get fixed anytime soon, lots of horse cavalry put back into action. Fighting over the Texas-Oklahoma oil fields, West Virginia coal mines, and various industrial centers. The fledgling civilian aircraft business converted to war production, by putting guns on existing civilian planes. The 99's flying combat missions and air support (some air combat would be an interesting side on occasion).

sorry, just brain storming.

Lots of cool things that could be done with this setting.
My Imagination is in Ruins. Just like the rest of my life.

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 03:41:52 AM »
I've got the JDF finished, a lot of militia done, and some Chicago Police with a paddy wagon. I've ordered some skull and crossbones from Company B  to use on the Black Legion, I need to finish painting a school and a farmhouse, and I need more militia with shotguns. I also have some marines to paint up and I really need to order some more BUF for the Black Legion troopers.

I'll be delayed because I need to finish a few things for a couple games I'm running (non-VACW) at Winter War 40 in Champaign, IL in late January.

Offline section 8

• Assistant
    • My Imagination is in Ruins
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »
I almost forgot. The environmental disaster that is the Dust Bowl was in full swing. Immigrants fleeing the plains states. The Okies flooding California.

A good bit on the U.S. military during the Inter-war period here.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2020, 04:23:52 AM »
Is anybody besides a  few guys in Sacramento us still playing in this period?
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2020, 05:44:01 AM »
Well you know I am still interested. And other I talk to locally are interested. But they turn around spend their money on the newest GW offering, so not much Joy.  :(

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2020, 09:14:52 AM »
Well you know I am still interested. And other I talk to locally are interested. But they turn around spend their money on the newest GW offering, so not much Joy.  :(

That's always been the biggest issue locally... Although I can blame Warmachine, Bolt Action and Flames of War just as much in my neck of the woods.

I've realised the trick with any project is just to buy enough to game both sides myself, and rope in other gamers to use my figures.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2020, 09:38:09 AM »
That's always been the biggest issue locally... Although I can blame Warmachine, Bolt Action and Flames of War just as much in my neck of the woods.

I've realised the trick with any project is just to buy enough to game both sides myself, and rope in other gamers to use my figures.
Yep, been slowly trying to do that.... And then getting distracted by my other projects.  lol

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2020, 12:02:34 AM »
OOOh shiny.!.!.! :o  I get distracted by things I bought years ago and find again. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 12:50:08 AM by leadfool »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2020, 08:00:22 AM »
OOOh shiny.!.!.! :o  I get distracted by things I bought years ago and find again.
Same here.  lol

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2020, 05:25:34 PM »
Yes sometime last century...