Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689507
  • Total Topics: 118282
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fhtagn! No. 02 and Cult Recruiting  (Read 3498 times)

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
Fhtagn! No. 02 and Cult Recruiting
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
A fresh issue of Fhtagn!, official newsletter of the Cult of the Black Goat, should now be waiting in member's inboxes.  If you should have received one and didn't, please let me know, and also double-check your spam folder in case the message was filtered.

For those who haven't joined yet, we're offering lifetime memberships for only $50 (a $10 discount) from today through Halloween.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fhtagn! No. 02 and Cult Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »
A fresh issue of Fhtagn!, official newsletter of the Cult of the Black Goat, should now be waiting in member's inboxes.  If you should have received one and didn't, please let me know, and also double-check your spam folder in case the message was filtered.

For those who haven't joined yet, we're offering lifetime memberships for only $50 (a $10 discount) from today through Halloween.

lol And you had to pick now to do this! Between a wedding annv and my wife's birthday with the cruise to celebrate both Oct is my worst month for hobby funding! Oh well!  :'(
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline cuchulain23

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
I feel a compelling need to join something... o_o

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »
Rule #1 of the Cult of the Black Goat: There is no cult of the Black Goat.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
I'm rather keen on getting the two captive agents, but I am curious about the newsletter. What, precisely, does it entail for my sixty bucks besides a T-Shirt, those models, and a free model once a year?

What's in the newsletter?

Thanks!
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
For your $50 (limited time offer!!!) you get a T-shirt, cult membership card with cultist I.D.#, a newsletter twice a year and the yearly model.  This year the model(s) is the two bound agents...next year? Who knows...Of course once you join you are in for life! The cult card can be further used for a discount at any of our booths. Also, cult members have an uncanny ability to find added extra bonus figures in their orders...not for sure but it does sometimes happen...

The newsletter contains new play test rules for Strange Aeons and V.U.K. as well as (obviously...) news, thoughts and the occasional word search or mad lib or whatever fun stuff we choose to throw in. The first issue (if memory serves) had new skills and new prototype weapons. The second issue has rules for water in your games as well as stats for a Deep One. Monstrous!!!

Much more than a simple $50 bux spent. It's a way of life!

FHTAGN!

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »
I would love to join, but don't got $50 right now, and I know that it is cheap enough, not your fault.
Worse is that I will have risk of paying Danish Custom fee's when the t-shirt arrives, which is $25....
and I sadly have no prober option of buying direct from uncle Mike's online shop, again the Danish custom fee issue, so I can't benefit from any discounts and/or extra miniatures in orders.

I would wish there are a cheaper way of getting the Fhtagn newsletter for people I Europe, maybe an option without the T-shirt?
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 10:00:39 PM »
The aquatic rules are pretty spiffy... I have tons on my plate right now, but they make me want to build some water terrain!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »
How about discounts at the webstore? Or are discounts only at shows like GenCon (which I attend)?

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »
The show discount has always been meant as a kind of novelty bonus rather than a core benefit of membership, as we know it won't really be of use to the vast majority of members given Mike never gets further afield than Vancouver.  However, we've bandied about the idea of releasing Cultist-only products through the webstore - possibly giving you access to some of the previous limited edition figures and whatnot.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
See, now that's value-added. I've spent somewhere in the range of 250$ with Uncle Mike's Worldwide at this point as well as promoting the brand and products all over the place, so I'd be the PERFECT CANDIDATE for getting in on the program. I even spent 64$ having the PDF Shocking Tales books professionally printed and wire bound.

That said, a card that serves little practical purpose, a T-shirt, and a miniature a year isn't all that enticing, especially considering a 2-3 pack of your minis is only a $12.00 purchase.  Access to previously released models would be a nice feature of membership, that alone might be enough to entice me.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
I suggested some time back to recast the old figures that was bonus figures with orders like the Fat Zombie, the ghosts, etc...make them Cult Exclusives now. Some of us newer people never had a crack at this in the past to get.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »
Yeah, I'd be all over that. I am late to the game (literally and figuratively) and thus I haven't a clue what the fat zombie or ghosts even look like.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 08:20:28 PM »
Yeah, I'd be all over that. I am late to the game (literally and figuratively) and thus I haven't a clue what the fat zombie or ghosts even look like.

About a year for me now, give or take.....