Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:05:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 613
Total: 619

Recent

Author Topic: (SALE) 28mm (metal) 5th Century Gallo-Roman Army  (Read 373 times)

Offline Richard in Sachsen

• Scientist
(SALE) 28mm (metal) 5th Century Gallo-Roman Army
« on: April 16, 2024, 07:58:20 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm beginning the process of selling my 28mm minis (mostly, but not all Migration Era/Late Roman/Dark Ages), painted and unpainted, as well as a lot of old Grand Manner resin buildings (painted and unpainted).

I'm using Stuart's (Colonel Bill's) method of evaluating and pricing. These should be 'B' level painting, meaning eyes, 3-day beards and facial shadowing, embroidery, hand-painted shields, and weathering. The figures are made of a mesh-mash of GB, Warlord, Footsore, and perhaps a couple of others - but quality minis.

Here is my original post with lot's of close-up pictures of each unit as well as the history behind the army https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=103112.0

I have three pages in my gallery of these figures. https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1000;u=12137;sortby=date;orderby=desc;start=40

These are made to be versatile so that one can play with large game, such as Hail Caesar as well as skirmish games such as Saga. The comitatus comes mounted and dismounted for games that allow that, such as Comitatus, (including a horse-holder to mark where their horses are after dismount) with each individual pair matching in painted scheme and the figures match as close as possible. They fitted out with magnetic foil on the bases and movement trays (except for a couple where the bases just fit too snuggly already) and in the accompanying storage boxes. The round bases are magnetic washers (M4?). All heads (if this army had figures with separate heads) and mounted figures have been joined and reinforced with wire, so no guys falling off their horses on the table. Casualty markers also have a small micro-dice box for games that use dice to keep track of

There are, if I counted accurately: 47 mounted, 112 dismounted (including two commanders: Aegidius and his son Syragius mounted and dismounted), 6 casualty, and one horse marker. Breaks down as:

• Command (+priest, standard, musician, adjutant)
    Comitatus (w/ dismounted casualty marker)
    Artillery (x 2 Scorpions)
    Heavy infantry (w/casualty marker)
    unarmored infantry (w/casualty markers)
    Lancerarii (w/casualty marker)
    skirmishers
    archers (w/casualty marker)
    heavy cavalry
    light cavalry
    horse archers

These will go on eBay, then, for £1,157 by Stu's pricing but I'm posting here first for £975. The box is already packed with each individual figure carefully wrapped in bubble-wrap (have fun!), fitted snugly into their plastic storage boxes, and then in the shipping box.

Note that these ship from Germany. So postage and perhaps VAT apply (I don't know how that works yet). The box weighs 20.02 kilograms

There are many more armies and buildings to come.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 08:28:21 AM by Richard in Sachsen »
You go to war with the figures you have, not the figures you wish you had!

Offline Richard in Sachsen

• Scientist
Re: (SALE) 28mm (metal) 5th Century Gallo-Roman Army
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 10:44:04 AM »
Hi everyone. Ok, this is my first sale attempt of selling my 28mm mini collection but it doesn't seem a lot of folks are interested. That leavers me with two questions, if someone would be kind enough to help me out.

So, one, is it that no one is interested in this particular army?

or

Did I price the army too high?

Again, this is my first time. It's difficult to appraise and so I went with the formula from Colonel Bills. But if anyone has any advice, I'm certainly open to it. Thank you very much, Richard.

Offline LazyStudent

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 11:07:50 AM »
Moin Richard,

Just my opinion. You're selling a large collection in one go. This will be difficult to sell. Most people don't have 1000€ spare now to drop on minis (at least no one I know does!) Perhaps selling individual units would be quicker?!

Additionally,  you've only put up one picture. This is great to see all the minis you're selling, but it's impossible to judge the painting quality. It's sad the box is already packed, but I'd suggest you add some more close ups.

And finally, you're shipping from Germany. This puts a lot of people off, because there will be taxes to pay to get the minis into the UK or USA. ~20% + whatever charges are added by the postal service. So it's all adding up to a very expensive purchase.

All that said, someone might buy it. I am just not sure how long it'll take for that person to arrive. Is the army also on other selling sites?

MfG,
Edward
"History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:35:40 AM »
i would agree with LazyStudent especially when it comes to the size iof the images. you really need very large files that show off the painting prowess like so:

You should be able to "click right" and "open in a new tab" to get the full sized image.