Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689481
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 435
Total: 442

Recent

Author Topic: A few questions for ViDE  (Read 2546 times)

Offline lostpict

• Assistant
A few questions for ViDE
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:41:31 AM »
Agis,

We now have three 3000 point games under our belt, all set in Sicily.  Everyone who has played has enjoyed the game and its mechanics (once they figured out the initiative piece and the need to stay engaged instead of wandering off since it may be your turn again in just a minute). 

Question 1 - I had some Germans that wanted to lay their mortar against the riders in a half-track.  As I understood it, they would normally just attack the vehicle and if it was destroyed the crew would then roll for damage.  They wanted to directly attack the crew in the open compartment.  Are there rules to handle this type of alternate targeting?  I handled it by letting the mortar shoot over open sights and assumed the crew had hard cover for the purposes of hitting them and had no cover for the purpose of damage with an adverse save modifier to account for the round exploding in the fighting compartment if it actually hit.  I also ignored the damage to the half-track since to also damage the half-track was a bit of double jeopardy.

Question 2 - I had an infantry squad split between a jeep and a white scout car.  A tank clobbered the jeep. killed 3 riders, and there was one survivor.  Is the overall squad suppressed or just the survivor.  They want the lad to crawl in the half-track.  So what would be the effect on the rest of the unit in terms of suppression - does the unit get 4 suppression markers (one for the attack and 3 for the casualties)?  Help?

Question 3 - Would you let non-crew help drag an ATG around when the crew is reduced by casualties to just one crewman?

Question 4 - Some Heer pioneers attacked a Sherman II with improved AT explosives.  Does everyman in contact with the Sherman place explosives or just once for the unit?

Question 5 - Blast/X.  Assuming someone attacks an AFV with a Blast/X weapon such as Sherman 75mm gun, do you ignore the Blast effect since the gun is fire AT instead of HE.  Likewise, if you were shooting at HE at tank-riders, would you treat the riders as a HE target and ignore the Blast for the AFV they were riding? 

Question 6 - Do Co-axial and Concentrate fire stack, i.e. re-roll twice if using both to improve accuracy.

Lots of fun.  Looking forward to some early war Italian infantry stats.  Also, does the DAK have any different org than that in the Early War German book?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: A few questions for ViDE
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
We now have three 3000 point games under our belt, all set in Sicily.  Everyone who has played has enjoyed the game and its mechanics (once they figured out the initiative piece and the need to stay engaged instead of wandering off since it may be your turn again in just a minute). 
Good that you had fun. Your description of the Ini “Piece” is exactly the reason why ViDe is not needing any cumbersome Overwatch mechanics.  ::) 8)

Question 3 - Would you let non-crew help drag an ATG around when the crew is reduced by casualties to just one crewman?
No, IMO ATGs are good enough as they are – however – create a houserule to allow just that. The “donating” unit is taking a risk since its numbers are reduced and the risk to get shaken is increased.

Lots of fun.  Looking forward to some early war Italian infantry stats.  Also, does the DAK have any different org than that in the Early War German book?
Use the Mid War modifications described in the book, that should do it!

The rules questions are answered here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=29983.0
 8)

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de