Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Skrapwelder's Strange Aeons stuff: The Lost Scouts, Episode 3: page 6  (Read 16303 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Skrapwelder's Strange Aeons stuff: The Lost Scouts, Episode 2: page 5
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
Great stuff, Skrapwelder!

I like the way that the story is unfolding and the humour you are showing.
The obviously great eye-candy helps too, of course.
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
I like how you have a very minimal amount of scenery, just enough. Very nice rural farm setup!

Very pretty too!
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
Wow great stuff.  I really like the 2 storey building.   Is it from your old Wild West range?

I also really ike your board (the ground).  How did you make it?

Everything is cool as always. 

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »
Thanks guys.

The western buildings in the Dunwich game are all from the Arnica range. The two buildings in the Farm scenario are some of the first scratchbuilds I did for wild west gaming. The mat was made by Alfrik using a thick mastik paint/sealer called Kel seal. He has a tutorial on his blog: http://armoredink.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-matt-progress.html

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2013, 07:14:14 PM »
Why don't you start an Innsmouth / Dunwich building line?  I'd be your best customer! ???

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2013, 07:31:40 PM »
Why don't you start an Innsmouth / Dunwich building line?  I'd be your best customer! ???

SECOND best. ;)

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
What Skrapwelder neglected to mention was that out of the 4 artifacts my agents were able to search, I got the "nothing useful" result on every one.

Both my reporter & the Professor got major injuries.  The reporter was horribly disfigured & is now Hideous (guess he'll have to stick to radio or newpapers).  The professor got a leg injury & only gets 1 action now.  & while the idea of a old professor limping on a cane has a good cinematic feel to it, the professor's daughter might get orphaned very soon.
Remember, remember, the Dalek December
With Paris in ruins and London in ember
In times of the future when fears are abating
Don’t try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
Quietly planning and scheming and hating…

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »

I'll see what I can do about knocking out a few molds for this sort of thing. Not a lot. Maybe a couple of houses, a shack and a barn. We'll see how it goes.

If you've seen something out there you like let me see a picture.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »
My Mama was right.  Dreams really do come true. :)
No pressure Skrapwelder, take your time.  To be honest I really only wanted to modify some Montana Arnica buildings anyways.  I love this thread.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
Talk to Krayden or Ellsworth Adhesives; you can get samples (which are HUGE) of Dow Silastic material from them. I get samples once a year from Krayden (I used to work in the industry...know the sales guys really well) and they are happy to get samples to people because it makes them look like they're working hard.

Silastic is great but you need to de-gas it with a vacuum table (which is a simple thing to build on the cheap) so you don't get lots of bubbles in it. It's platinum and/or tin catalyzed RTV with a high durometer rating so it's very durable and cures very fast.

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
Re: Skrapwelder's Strange Aeons stuff: The Lost Scouts, Episode 3
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
The third game in our campaign came up as the "Escape... Into Danger" scenario. I decided to try and play this one out as an ambush on the open road. All the agents would need to do to accomplish this mission would be to get from one end of the table to the other. I worked up some simple rules for vehicles and we were off. Vehicles had a base speed of about 10 inches and could go a bit faster if they wanted to tempt fate and make a Dex roll. Owing to the speed with which the cars were able to move we made the table twice as long, six feet.

Here's the table as we started. The Agents were given the choice of a car or a truck. Each had its minor advantages and disadvantages over the other. The Agents chose the truck, putting The Reporter behind the Wheel with The Professor riding shotgun. The Hero and The Professor's Daughter clambered into the back of the truck. The Hero got a bit of a slap as he made a joke about getting into the bed together.

The Lurkers, part of the Delapore gang had a car of their own and were speeding to the crossroads in an attempt to cut the Agents off and deal with them here in the woods. One of the Lurkers had sneaked ahead on foot and placed himself and in cover at the crossroads.

The Lurkers managed to get to the crossroads first, blocking the way with their car. The Reporter was driving hell bent and made no signs of slowing or stopping.

Lest they be caught in a car wreck, the Lurkers poured out of the car, guns blazing. One lucky shot caught The Professor's Daughter and she tumbled to the floor of the truck's bed.

The Reporter swerved hard to avoid the Lurker's car. Lead poured down like rain and the truck might as well have been a touring car. Just after making the heroic turn The Reporter took a slug in the shoulder. The Professor lunged to grab the wheel...

... to no avail. The truck caught a rut in the side of the main road and rolled on a ways before slamming to a stop on a large boulder.

The Delapore boys were caught flat-footed. The truck had sped by them. They moved quickly to bring more fire down on the speeding truck.

Grabbing the wounded, The Professor and The Hero made their escape off the edge of the board and into the cover of the woods. Townies that the Delapore's were they would be wary of going into the woods to hunt them down. Content to have left them on foot in the wilderness the Lurker's made their way back to Dunwich to report to their superiors.

The Professor quickly patched up the wounded and assayed the situation. Now on foot, and with no new clues as to the whereabouts of the missing scouts, the Agents decided to continue making their way along the track that the mysterious stranger calling himself the Yellow King had escaped along after the shoot out at the farm. Who knows what they will find ahead, or what will find them, in the woods of the Myskatonic valley.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
Re: Skrapwelder's Strange Aeons stuff: The Lost Scouts, Episode 3: page 6
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »
cool game as usual.
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Re: Skrapwelder's Strange Aeons stuff: The Lost Scouts, Episode 3: page 6
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
Yes, very cool!  :-*
I like the on-the-fly vehicle rules.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
If you've seen something out there you like let me see a picture.

Double chimneys are nice but I also need at least one gambrel roof or it's not Lovecraft country.

(Replying to an earlier report as I've been out of touch with everything...)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:10:35 PM by Dolmot »

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »
Double chimneys are nice but I also need at least one gambrel roof or it's not Lovecraft country.

(Replying to an earlier report as I've been out of touch with everything...)
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh