Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "In Duisburg sind viele gefallen..."  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Lazarus Long

• Bookworm
"In Duisburg sind viele gefallen..."
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
Just right before the start of the new lead-painters-leage season I've began to  work on my first figthers of the Red Army of the Ruhr.

Hopefully I will finish them before this season ends. But if not I will show them anyway.

Here you get for pics of the conversions i've done with Copplestones Russian Partisans to get them more "german looking". I've removed one hat and did a new one, also I've redone there shirts so now they've got jackets and coats. The one with ten new hat formerly weared a fur-vest... I've also cut of all bayonets as I have seen none on my reference pics. Although I know they used them.

A and the title is taken from a song used to sung after the defeat of the so called Märzrevolution (Marchrevolution) it means: At Duisburg lots of us fell...

But enough said here are the pics:

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:42:45 PM »
looking good, looking forward to see them painted!

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
Very nice.
I like how you did the jackets. I've got these figs too, but none with the fur hats. I asked for caps only when I ordered, and explained why, and they delivered thus. Great service.  There are nine variants with caps, and one double.
Here a link to my gallery, or click the link to my blog below and scroll down.
http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Area23/images.html?galleryId=1980&from=05+German+Revolution
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Lazarus Long

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
Just finished the painting job to get them as start-entry at the second season.

Next will be some Freikorps. Maybe as another entry...

What I am still looking for are some minis in greatcoats which I could use as "Sicherheitspolizei" and some minis in longer coats for my RAR. I thought to use the BoB Russians from Copplestone with hat-conversions.

As the reference pics show most of the fighters wear long coats. No suprise it could be freezing cold around March or November in Germany.

I wonder why all bigger uprisings always were done around this time of the year ???

@area23: I've noticed your minis already. I am going to get me some Askari for conversion, as you did.