Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Where's the list of Compiled Post-Apoc Rule-sets?  (Read 7836 times)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
Where's the list of Compiled Post-Apoc Rule-sets?
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »
I used search, which turned up a lot of nothing... :(

I saw the compiled miniatures thread, but I was hoping there is something out there with the .45 Adventures/Strange Aeons "campaign" feel, the persistent gang/warband thing, but using post-apoc Fallout-y weapons and skills.

Does this exist? I'm not talking Fallout Warfare by Chris Taylor, and I'm not talking about a full fledged RPG like Exodus (or at least I believe that's what Exodus is) or any other D20 deal.

Does it exist?

Thanks so much, all!
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Where's the list of Compiled Post-Apoc Rule-sets?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
Well, there's After The Horsemen by Two Hour Wargames, but it's more for coop or solo play, and there are no fantastic elements like rogue robots and mutated wildlife, or futuristic gatling lasers.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Personally I love the rules provided by Ramshackle games "Nuclear Ranaissance".

You can download them for free from the site http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/nuclear/downloads.html

This ruleset has a starter campaign called "A day in the life". I had a lot of fun playing these scenarios.

Regards
Za

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
You can also look into Ganesha Games' skirmish rules called "Mutants and Death Ray Guns", an $8 PDF download from their site. It has campaign rules which include some nice rules for having to feed your people in between games. The warband creation uses random character generation, which can turn some folks off, but there's also a warband builder on their site should you want to do custom built ones. I've read through it a few times and really want to play a few games, but haven't got around to it.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:19 PM »
I've read through it a few times and really want to play a few games, but haven't got around to it.

You and your cults... :P

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
Haha the cultists are all resting comfortably at the moment, I'm working on some Empire of the Dead starter boxes. But since I'm here again, I'll submit another vote for Mutants and Death Ray Guns and will even link you to a nice review http://wargameguru.weebly.com/in-focus-review---mutants-and-death-ray-guns.html

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
I am currently using Savage Worlds, which is basically a Miniatures rules set with a RPG bolted on. There are several fan written takes on Post Apocalyptic goodness. Not Savage Showdown is just the miniatures rules and is available from here;http://www.peginc.com/shop/savage-worlds-showdown/
Both rules sets pretty much seamlessly integrate with each other, the biggest difference is in the vehicles section. I use Savage Showdown mostly pulling out Savage Worlds for specific characters.

40k:RogueTrader (through 2nd ed), Necromunda, GorkaMorka and the Ashwastes Net book are another route one could take. I have done so in the past.

Another group I know of uses em4's Combat Zone with great glee. I haven't seen this rules set, but reports it works well for them. http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Combat_Zone_products.html

It really depends on what scale of conflict you are going for, in my crowd we are focused one the War Band/gang level so most of our games are quasi-RPGs, or what I like to refer to as Roll-Play. The other bit is what elements do you need to include to be happy? Meaning is all infantry action, other do you want Vehicles, mutants, zombies and other assorted weirdness? And lastly how much effort do you want to put into your setting and rules? In short if you have a favorite rules set then it generally doesn't take much to bolt on the Post Apocalypse to them.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:38:27 AM »
Good help all, and I appreciate it!

I guess what irritates me is that there's all these bad ass miniatures that are clearly and indelibly marked with the Fallout look, but you have Fallout Warfare which is almost perfect, but since it died long before Caesar's Legion and whatnot, there's a lot of stuff missing.

I'm looking for the Fallout Bible, really, I think. :)

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box