Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: quick question from a newb  (Read 2564 times)

Offline CLDecker

• Assistant
  • Aw crap, deck watch again!
quick question from a newb
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:25:04 AM »
One thing I noticed was some Lurkers have a point value in excess of the 15 BP making them seem unreachable. Did I miss something along the way? I've read through it several times now and I'm about ready to give it a try so any assistance would be very welcome.

Charlie
This here dry land living ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
Re: quick question from a newb
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:29:53 AM »
While a Threshold list maxes out at 15 Base Points (think of these as "character" points, which represent your model's base cost and acquired skills), there's no limit to the number of Build Points (weapons, gear, etc) that your squad can carry (Special Agents also add Build Points). It's therefore likely that after the first few games, and barring catastrophic injuries, a list will exceed 15 total points more often than not.

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »
When the Threshold Agents get better (+1 BP per new skill), or they re-equip after the death of a team member, the point value can very fast get over 15 BP. The Lurker Players always gets the same points as the Threshold player, so if the Agents are worth 20 BP the lurker players gets 20 BP also.

hope this answers your question.

-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »
Yes, Once you get your Threshold team blooded, as it were, your total points value that the Lurker player uses becomes your base points PLUS the Build points you have put into gear. As you win games your Agents will gain skills that count towards their Base points. The maximum number of Base points a Team can have is capped at 15 but there is no cap on how much they can carry in the way of equipment.

The down side of this is that you can only add new equipment when one of your Agents actually dies.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »
We house rule that one particular bit...I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you should have to have a death/injury to re-equip. That's like saying "you can't go to the hardware store/army depot unless you're carrying a body". So, houserule we use is that after any mission, you can, for one Map Piece, re-equip.

The way we justify it is as follows: "You go back to Threshold HQ, deliver the map bit to the boffins for examination, and then pick up all the latest tools and whatnot." 
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »
That Map piece trade is not a bad idea, although I do like a hardware store with a decent stiff for stuff policy. :)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
LOL, you can always take the owner's wife to the car and have at her....

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 06:59:45 PM »
Good ruling superflytnt. Map Piece is as I read it just a term for some artefact, clue or whatever is interesting for the Threshold agency.

I also understand the initial 15BP starting team restriction and it uses.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »
I understand the INITIAL uses, but man alive, after 3 games of not getting killed it's kind of crappy to be stuck with a bunch of blokes packing clubs, knives, and .22 pistols. Especially when the other side can only buy very few creatures that can stand against that same list...it ends up tedious and one-sided.

The bloody wife just loves her .30 cal, and she always finds a way to get in the perfect spot to gun down everyone and everything with her "2-man crew". It's like a wrecking ball!

So, we changed that crap up, and she loaded up her agents with lead breastplates, lucky hats and the like. Now I field demons, cultists, all kinds of stuff and it spices up the scenarios, especially when we now have more of a story to tell.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
I understand the INITIAL uses, but man alive, after 3 games of not getting killed it's kind of crappy to be stuck with a bunch of blokes packing clubs, knives, and .22 pistols. Especially when the other side can only buy very few creatures that can stand against that same list...it ends up tedious and one-sided.

The bloody wife just loves her .30 cal, and she always finds a way to get in the perfect spot to gun down everyone and everything with her "2-man crew". It's like a wrecking ball!

So, we changed that crap up, and she loaded up her agents with lead breastplates, lucky hats and the like. Now I field demons, cultists, all kinds of stuff and it spices up the scenarios, especially when we now have more of a story to tell.

MOB THEM!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
Just wanted to point out that Base Points CAN go over 15.
As you gain more skills, and if no-one dies, then this can happen.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 12:00:38 AM »
My list is currently sitting at 21.5 points. Yep, point five. One of them has a torch...
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 06:38:45 AM »
A torch!! Holy crap! What a bad boy. Lol
My list is at 35 points I think. I had an agent die and haven't actually got around to restocking weapons yet so it might be more. It's been around 30+ since my third game ( after everyone died except my character on my second game  :'( )
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake