Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690721
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Finished Innsmouth Board  (Read 10585 times)

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Re: Finished Innsmouth Board
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »
leMax should be easier to find.  it can be rolled into a tube so shipping might not be too bad.
Sorry about the Plasticville. Considering the boxes are flat and they are made out of light plastic they should be more available. I was lucky to find most of these models from a collector looking to unload some of his broken stock. I was going to board up the windows and cover them with posters anyway.  I got all the buildings on the innsmouth board for 10 dollars each.  Now the K line cottage cost me 25.  Ouch.

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:52:30 AM »
Its the import fee, or rather that plus the fee the postal service take for handling custom work, its like $25 just for that, crippling the possibility of buying minor deliveries from the US to Denmark.

The LeMax stuff is cheap enough, but without an european online dealer stocking the mats, I think its not going to happen. Maybe a private individual could help me, if he just sent it as a gift and marked the value very low.

The plasticville is nice. Happily its rather easy to get good building on the european market when going for Resin products. A few products are also available in plastics, look at renedra's website they have a new plastic church, and they wrote somewhere that a barn is coming shortly. I'm hoping that good plastic houses are available when its time for me own urban board to be constructed.
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »
I've got some scraps of cobblestone mat.  Let me look around.  maybe we can make a deal if you just need a little.

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 01:02:50 AM »
I've got some scraps of cobblestone mat.  Let me look around.  maybe we can make a deal if you just need a little.

THANKS! sadly im going to be using alot to finish my project, so I don't want you too waste alot of time.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
Maybe you should look for textured wallpaper.  I think that's what Grimm uses on his boards.  Germany is certainly closer to you than Canada.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
Maybe you should look for textured wallpaper.  I think that's what Grimm uses on his boards.  Germany is certainly closer to you than Canada.

Textured wallpaper is ideal.
One small tip: When checking out possible wallpapers, dont forget to look at the pattern from the reverse side as well.
Something that does not look right from the front may be perfect on the reverse... ;)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
I got 9 buildings for 144.00 USD from Western Depot in California, delivered. The largest difference in implementation is that I've carved off the door on the Church (all the churches I've been to are open 24/7/365) and have opened up the front door on the Factory. I'm a big fan of having accessible interiors so that models can duck inside, or stand in the doorways and gain cover saves. Makes for a more visceral "shootout" feel. Also makes for a lot more dice rolls!

Regarding a material for the ground, I use a green, grey/slate, and taupe "Rainbow Felt" poly nylon felt material I got for 10$ at the local fabric store. I cut each bit into 2x3 and 3x3 squares. Cheap, easy, and looks nice enough. My biggest problem here is that I am really just out of storage space. My wife bought this house based solely on the backyard/deck, not considering with 2 kids we'd need some bloody closets and pantries. So, I can't really make lovely MDF/EPS boards like I'd wish to do primarily because I've got nowhere to put the buggers! I guess I could sell off the kids...

I've only got the diner and the 1st National Grocery done at this point, with the factory and church assembled and primed. Using Ben's advice, I think the market really turned out as well as I could've ever hoped. Eventually.... :)
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 03:26:35 PM »
I've only got the diner and the 1st National Grocery done at this point, with the factory and church assembled and primed. Using Ben's advice, I think the market really turned out as well as I could've ever hoped. Eventually....

How about some WIP photos? :o

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
I've only got the diner and the 1st National Grocery done at this point, with the factory and church assembled and primed. Using Ben's advice, I think the market really turned out as well as I could've ever hoped. Eventually....

How about some WIP photos? :o

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=48588.0

I figure I owe you, since you're my inspiration...

Offline Figouze

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »

I like your table !

May you shoot your fishing port more closely ?

Thank's !

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Re: Finished Innsmouth Board new harbor pics
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
I can but the light will be bad.  No more pictures or priming outside.  It's -24 here.

Alright.  Terrible lighting.  I wanted to keep the harbor simple, not a lot of play on this section.

Innsmouth Harbor by oldben1, on Flickr

Innsmouth Harbor by oldben1, on Flickr
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:49:58 AM by Oldben1 »

Offline Lord Dain

• Lurker
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
Great terrain! Awesome!

Offline Tas

• Mad Scientist
  • A keen eye for the ridiculous
    • The Man Cave
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 02:06:31 AM »
That is lovely terrain indeed!!!  :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »
More wonderful, atmospheric photos of your lovely board are always welcome.
 :-*

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »
wow, I am jealous at that board! I may have to try to build something later.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com