Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Added Gloire to the New Rules Directory  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Added Gloire to the New Rules Directory
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
Extra Crispy from TMP recently started a rules directory project, so I thought why not contribute a review of Gloire:

http://www.deepfriedhappymice.com/html/rd_gloire.html

Like all the reviews on the site, it's not so much a subjective pros-and-cons review as simply a factual description of how the rules work, so readers can judge for themselves if they think they'll like it or not.

Anyway, it's no biggie (I feel a bit stupid starting a new thread about it), just thought I'd point it out in case anyone has been curious about the game. You can also add your own players' comments about it. I hope the rules directory catches on because it really would be a useful resource, I think.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
Thank you for doing that! I was hoping someone would add it. Besides me of course.

Mark gets credit for reviving one of the really great and neglected resources of TMP. Especially lately, when there have been a number of really fantastic games coming out on the market which deserve better exposure.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
I'm writing a briefer review of UBF right now. I'll leave it to someone else to review the rest of the Rattrap rulesets though (except maybe BA when it's officially released, unless someone else gets there first).

Looking at the article now, it strikes me as awfully messy. I could have edited it a bit better, I suppose. I'm also afraid that maybe I made the minor problems I pointed out (dodgy close combat situations, and Grade 1s that can't wear armour) seem bigger than they are. Sorry :oops:

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »
Quote from: "Rhoderic"
Looking at the article now, it strikes me as awfully messy. I could have edited it a bit better, I suppose. I'm also afraid that maybe I made the minor problems I pointed out (dodgy close combat situations, and Grade 1s that can't wear armour) seem bigger than they are. Sorry :oops:

I accept your apology, but regret to inform you that my agents are already on the boat to Sweden with irrevocable orders.  

I will tell you that one is short, swarthy, and pockmarked. The other is Ludovico Granvillara, and I will not be disappointed if you manage to kill him; he is growing increasingly demanding and I suspect he is attempting to turn double-agent on me.

+ Murray, Cardinal Parkville