Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: French and Indian stuff  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
French and Indian stuff
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
Ah, small metal men roaming free through waving fields of green-dyed teddy bear fur...

It's like some mega-hallucinogenic trip!

Lewis Carrol - eat your heart out!  :lol:

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
French and Indian stuff
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
I finally got off my ass and took a manufacturer comparison "mugshot". From left to right these are Blue Moon, Perry, Conquest, Old Glory, and Eureka. Please note that my ruler actually starts measuring a mm or two above the bottoms of the feet.

[/img]

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
French and Indian stuff
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 03:21:17 PM »
Thanks - very useful... Looks like Blue Moon are a good 30mm, so should scale in pretty well with Redoubt then, as they're on the large side as well.

Clearly both the Perrys AWI and Conquest 500 Nations figures take some beating when it comes to quality, but the Blue Moon figure looks reasonably good too.

Alas, your picture does rather show up the less exquisite sculpting of the OG and Eureka figures. They look pretty crude by comparison.  :(

I'd love to see pictures of the Blue Moon Woodland Indians, once you have them.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
French and Indian stuff
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 03:28:28 PM »
I realize it's all very subjective, but I really like the Eureka figures. No one else makes highlanders in campaign gear anyway and I hate painting the diced hose! There is little doubt that the Conquest and Perry stuff is the best thing going now, though. Eric keeps making noise about doing Brit and French regulars. I'll be out a large wad of cash when that happens!

And will do on the Indians. I saw masters of the multi-parters about a montha ago. I really thought I'd have a set in my hot hands by now.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
French and Indian stuff
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
I've got some of Conquest's Rangers and French Marines, and they are incredible. The detail is astounding and dead on for accuracy. I also got the new pack of frontiersmen, who have character to spare. The facial expression on Dan Boone is enough to scare a man.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
French and Indian stuff
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
I have one of everything from Conquest in the F&I line. I'm a total Conquest whore. I'm working on Dan'l and three other frontiersmen right now between other projects. Once those four are done I just have the marines to do and I'm be out of Conquest stuff to paint. Hopefully Eric will have new goodies out by then.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
Re: French and Indian stuff
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
I am looking for a size comparison picture of Conquest, Warlord and/or Old Glory woodland Indians.

Although this post predates the release of the Warlord ones, it mentions pictures of Conquest and OG figures.

Would it be possible to repost those? Comparative pics for Conquest and OG prove very hard to find (or any good pictures of OG Indians, in any case).
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »
This is the best I have. It shows (from left to right) Old Glory, Perry, Blue Moon, Conquest, Eureka. I don't own any Warlord figures, but aren't their F&I line just repackaged Conquest figures?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
I don't own any Warlord figures, but aren't their F&I line just repackaged Conquest figures?

Correct.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Thank you! The OG and Conquest figures seem very comparable.