Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My scifi projects. (updated 30-01-2020)  (Read 32752 times)

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 5-Feb-19) BatRep 1
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »
So cool! I had missed the finished terrain, I love it!

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 5-Feb-19) BatRep 1
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »
After working for a month I finally got a day off and enjoyed finishing up these guys. These are the last of the AoBR ork troops. I have the Nobs and the boss to finish but they can wait. Sorry for the crappy picture, my wife needed me to help her look up some articles (My school library is bit better). Does that make me her research assistant?

Next up, some Aruk!  It looks Like Bridge Miniatures is now carrying the Cobalt-1 Line! https://bridgeminiatures.com/product-category/cobalt-1/cobalt-1-aruk/

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 5-March-19)
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »
Love the dark skin tones on those Orks, Bahir!

As far as the Cobalt miniatures are concerned, I just received my order of Ar-Men and some Marines from Bridge Miniatures and I can say that I was delighted with the service (and the casting on the minis was top-notch). They were fantastic to deal with - can definitely recommend them!

Just as a by-the-by - is that a Praying Mantis prowling along behind the Ork gang?
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2019, 09:23:36 PM »
Hi Hawkeye,

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, its from Ral Partha. I found it in a bits box at a local game shop. It's stamped 199* the * is illegible.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 28-Jan-19)
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2019, 05:41:09 PM »
I liked using the game mat, it has 1" squares that made it easy for the new players to move, fire and plan their strategy. I would like to get a larger mat, perhaps 4'x3' mat. I've seen several online, but I can't quite seem to find exactly what I want.

Something that's station or hive like that has 1" grid marks.  Does anyone know of anything like that?

No 1" grid, but the Deepcut Space Hulk mat (https://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-space-hulk/) has the station/hive look about it and comes in 3'x3' and 4'x4' options.
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
Three more Aruk to add to the gang. Now that Bridge Miniatures is producing them, I may pick up a command squad.

These were purchased from the company that produced them before Bridges. There was a lot of flash, and some miscasts parts. The leg on the little dude was misshapen, the guy with the ax had a hole in his leg and one of the troopers had a hole in the corner of the shoulder pad. But overall they have a lot of character and they were fun to paint.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 10-March-19)
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2019, 12:05:00 PM »
WIP: Mr. Happy the living supercomputer (Brain in a jar from Reaper Minis) with his bodyguards. A bit more green stuff and I think they will be ready to be primed.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 4-April-19)
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2019, 08:11:18 PM »
A few close-ups of the guards and Mr. Happy.

To Mr. Happy I've added a life support system (gotta keep the "water" in his tank fresh) and a screen where he can display images/text etc.

Two of the Chain-Pike(?) guards. They have a pistol if things get crazy.

Two of the veteran guards.

I have a few ideas of a few more to add to the crew, a special weapon and heavy weapon and I'm thinking of giving all the guards cloaks, or capes.  As always comments, tips, and suggestions are always welcome.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 9-April-19)
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2019, 02:34:56 PM »
It has been a while, with school, work, and international travel for work. While I was in the USA a friend of mine gave me some 3D prints of some models he printed off of his resin printer. I was very impressed with the quality and now I have an itch to get my own printer.

The models are from Thingverse and the designer was Brexit. You can find them here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3028475

I got in on the Colony 87 Kickstarter... now to paint up some nobles for the Guard Dogs to guard.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 21-October-19)
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2019, 10:32:09 PM »
Two more minis completed.

The first is a brain in a jar by Reaper Minis.  I've added a life support system to the back and a computer interface to the front. In the jar (it is hard to tell from the photo) is a vent that goes to the life support system in the back. I will be using it as a special character called Mr. Happy. Mr. Happy is an organic computer with Psi abilities. He is a repository of secret information that individuals prefer not to keep in the usual computer systems that could be hacked. While Mr. Happy can communicate telepathically, he(?) prefers to use machine-generated speech with accompanying emojis on his forward-facing display. Mr. Happy is always accompanied by bodyguards.

The second miniature is from Mantic Games. It is the Teraton Brawler from the Kickstarter and I am using it as a heavy for my Grymn assault squad.  He (she?) adds some much-needed close combat firepower to my Grymn mercenary unit. Compared to the Grymn, this guy (gal?) is huge!!

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated p. 10)
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »
I finished my Heresy Trench Coat gangers. Fat Clark (Reaper Minis) is the gang leader and the gang serves at the behest of Dark Jedi Ezren (Converted Reaper mini). Just in time for a game tomorrow  :)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 28 November)
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »
Your Mr. Happy and Dark Jedi are both brilliant work, lovin‘em.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 28 November)
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »
Last Month was Game Night and we tested some WIP rules for Jedi in the game.  It was a fun night, and a few of the Jedi abilities were a bit OP and need to be toned down, but it was fun nonetheless.

The game consisted of three teams that needed to retrieve critical information from an industrial complex computer. The team that had a unit in control of the computer at the end of the turn won.

The setup: Bottom of the photo some Ar-men and a grey Jedi, to the left Mr. Happy (Grey Jedi) and some security forces.

To the right Phat Clark and his crew along with a Sith. At the start of the turn the sith used force leap to take the high ground while Phat Clark and his crew infiltrated to try to flank the Ar-men.

Turn 1: The Ar-men advance on Phat Clark's crew while the grey Jedi uses force blast to take out Phat Clark and two of his cronies who were a bit close together.

Meanwhile Mr. Happy and the security team slowly approach from behind.

Turn 2: Two of the gangers mix it up with the Ar-men. Shots fire and blades slash but somehow no one is injured. Using his men as a meat shield, the sith uses force leap and jumps to the computer to retrieve the data. If no other unit can get into base-to-base contact with the computer or kill the sith, the sith team will win!

The Grey Jedi from the Ar-men force leaps to the computer and uses force push to knock the sith away and prone. The heavy from Mr. Happy's security team opens fire but misses!

And.... game called due to time.

Everyone had fun, and that's what it is all about. We hope to have a rematch with the modified jedi rules.  We will keep you posted.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 18 December)
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2019, 11:05:03 AM »
That giant brain looks amazing!

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My scifi projects. (updated 18 December)
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »
Small terrain project that I completed, a water treatment plant for my hive community of Sulfer Springs Oasis.

I'm trying to make it modular 6x6... but I didn't notice until I was done this one was 6x5  :'( Next up, some type of generator room (this time 6x6 lol).

Shortly after starting out.

A little further along, the steps are the second attempt.

Still further along and the third edition of steps.

Aaaaand... complete!

From a different angle.