Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My scifi projects. (updated 30-01-2020)  (Read 32753 times)

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
Re: My current (and possibly past) projects.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »
I've actually had a few moments to prime these guys.

I'm not quite sure what the thing on the right is supposed to be, I found it in a bits box for .25 cents.  The object on the left will be a shield generator.  It needs something, but I'm at a bit of a loss.  Perhaps some wires from guitar strings?

And finally an old AT-43 model what will serve as a light mech for my Grymn mercenaries.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Hi Guys,

As I was rooting around in my miniature cases I ran across this gal.  She is from one of the first armies I painted way back in the day.  The base is just painted sand.

A few years back I got the bright idea to give them a dull coat and redo the base ala this guy.

But now I'm thinking of just scrapping that and giving them resin bases.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to some resin bases that might work well with these guys?

I love Fenris scifi bases, but I'm looking for something different for these (guys and gals).

So any and all suggestions are appreciated!  Thanks!

Just for fun, a shot of them together.

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
per aspera ad astra

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
I've been traveling quite a bit for work and with one graduation High School and going off to college and an international move this summer I've been quite busy.  I was able to push a bit of paint around on my salvage team.

Here is another small mech for my Grymn mercenaries.  I'm trying for a urban triangle cammo theme.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
They're coming along nice, keep on! :)

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
Our big international move is two weeks away, so I had to finish these guys up and pack them.  Here is the mech for my Grymn.

Both mech's together:

And the Rescue/Salvage Team.

Group Shot:

The Kid, who is the new guy on the crew.  He was a junior officer in the Imperial Fleet specializing in Ships Sensors.  Now he handles all the sensor scanning during rescue/salvage missions.  With him is Turk.  His strength and skill with a shot gun make him a valued member of the team.

Flash, got his name after bragging about how well he could handle a flamer, only to  display that he had absolutely no skill with the weapon.  For weeks afterward the Master Chief drilled him in its use and still refuses to let him carry anything but a flamer on missions as a reminder to not let his mouth make boasts his body can't back up.  The Master Chief once called him a "Flash in the Pan" and soon after the rest of the team called him Flash.

Next to him is Monk.  Monk actually belongs to an obscure holy order.  Part of their vows is to help people in need.  The credits he earns goes to his order and to other charities such as hospitals and orphanages.  His head is always covered, and when not on a mission he is often fasting, praying, and when not chanting on a vow of silence.  Which can make ship life somewhat... interesting.  He is also a crack shot with the boarding shotgun.

The Master Chief is late of the Imperial Navy.  Scuttlebutt has it that he was decorated several times for gallantry in action, and served in several major fleet actions.  He has a bionic leg and bionic eye that were a results from wounds received in action.  He is a smart, no-nonsense leader especially when it comes to the safety of his team and the successful completion of the mission. He is armed with an old Mk I flamer that has been heavily modified.  The custom power pack provides an extra kick that can even burn through bulkheads.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:48:56 PM by Bahir »

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
So how did the move go? Any more updates on this project? I'm very inspired by what you've done here.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
Whew, we have settled into our new abode, and my wife got me some Hasslefree minis for Christmas!  But before I paint them I am forcing my self to catch up on some projects that were put on hold with the move.  Soo....

I have quite a few EM4 Space Rangers http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Science_Fiction.html that I wanted to finish up.

Cleaned up and with the conversion parts set out.

All the models that need to be painted with a completed one for reference.  The silver ones are new ones that I got from EM4, the purple ones are from many, many years ago that I got on trade at an online miniature trading post.  (I think the trading post was called the Bear Cave or something like that).  I think the detail on the purple ones is a bit more crisp, but once I had them primed, I couldn't tell the difference.

A close up of the conversion.

C & C welcome, thanks for looking!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:09 AM »
I'm loving those spotters and cutters :-*

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »
Missed this thread completely - really like what you're doing with the figures and the WorldWorks terrain looks great :-* I'm building some of their Mars Station buildings at the moment, but I'll need to look again at their interiors.

Not sure if you ever found the resin bases you were looking for, but Antenocitis Workshop has some that may be worth looking at.

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 08:05:53 AM »
And... I'm done!

Here is a WIP shot

The painting scheme is fairly simple.  Prime white, Base coat dark red, black wash, Middle red, highlight bright red.  With the leader I did an extra highlight of red/yellow.

Here is a group shot of all 19 or so.  This was the biggest group I've ever tried to paint at one time.

The leader and some heavies:

A close up of the leader detailing the head and sword swap.

I really don't want to paint with red for a while...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »
I really don't want to paint with red for a while...

lol I really know what you mean! Painting 'space marines' in numbers is quite a task.

I love how you have made use of those Space Rangers! I remember the boxed set from around 1990.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline julesav

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »
Lovely stuff!

May I ask what rules are you using?
"Some scientists say that humans exhibit a behavior called neophilia, which is a preference for new objects. It’s why we like shiny new things."

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »
Lovely stuff!

May I ask what rules are you using?

We use No Limits.  You can find the rules here: http://www.wargamesunlimited.net/nolimits/

Here is my WIP Data cards for the Space Rangers: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3452807/nl%20Data%20Cards/nldc%20Space%20Rangers%20v1.pdf

And some of my other Army Lists on the No Limits Forum: http://wargameschat.yuku.com/topic/1457/Bahirs-WIP-Data-Cards?page=1

***Edit***
Here is an updated Space Ranger List: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y801ro3bbsakhlq/nldc%20Space%20Rangers%20v1.5.pdf
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:11:56 PM by Bahir »

Offline Bahir

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
Here is a WIP shot of my current project.  3 Maws from Hasslefree Miniatures. This is one of my favorite companies.

Drilling and pining.  Normally I have no problems assembling Hasslefree Miniatures, but these guys were a... ummm.. beast to put together.  I don't know if I mixed up the legs with different bodies or what, but I had a difficult time attaching the legs so all four legs would lay flat on the base.  So I had to get creative with some green stuff and my bases.

Finally assembled

Siting on their bases, with GS done.  At this stage the bases need some GS and some clan up.

And just for fun a close up of the bases.  These guy will be used to terrorize players in my indoor games.