Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Twenty years or more of painting. Part 2.  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
Twenty years or more of painting. Part 2.
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
Hello, yes,.... yet another part of my series of photos of some of the better painted mniatures from the past 20 years or so. Some of them are quite old, the dragon is one of the earlier ones and the chaos throne was painted just before i stopped in the late '90's. The Nurgle is also from that period i can honestly say, although it does have a nice look to it, it could have done better. Well, that's good as i have another of the same Nurgle lying somewhere in the leadpile. But i doubt if i ever get to it.

The two beds are a recent addition and are now awaiting guests who decide, against better judgement, to spent a night (perhaps their last night on Earth) in The Limping Bonefish.

The zombie, a 'freshy' as i call him, as he's not as decayed as his other friends, is an old one from the first Hero Quest boardgame. Also a new one and i was still a bit 'shaky' having just started with painting again, but i quite like him.

Okay, that's it. Enjoy and of course comments and question are always appreciated.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Re: Twenty years or more of painting. Part 2.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:04:20 AM »
Hello Legion, I like these guys a lot. The Nurgle mini is absolutely putrid (which is good), the dragon looks really well painted (where is he from?), the beds and throne are cool too but the zombie is my fav, he is painted well and I have a soft spot for anything Heroquest.

Great stuff,
 Damien

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »
Hello Legion, I like these guys a lot. The Nurgle mini is absolutely putrid (which is good), the dragon looks really well painted (where is he from?), the beds and throne are cool too but the zombie is my fav, he is painted well and I have a soft spot for anything Heroquest.

Great stuff,
 Damien
Thanks Damien. The dragon is an old one from Citadel and is called the great red dragon (but i painted it kind of brownish yellow). It was a new series then and i also have the green dragon (still to be painted) and the great fire dragon. I will see if i have a nice photo of that one or make one.
The zombie is one of whole group of various zombies. Always good to have a steady supply of those creatures.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »
Itīs great that you got into painting again and a pleasure to see photos of all that old and familiar stuff that accompanied myself too trough my painting career...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
COOL STUFF! Looking back over your older pieces is a treat both for yourself & for us...my own old finished piece are long gone; this month marks fifty years of involvement in The Grand Madness for this Old Man. Of the various thingies, the Ral Partha Dragon is my favorite. GREAT WORK!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:34:33 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline **GS**

• Mad Scientist
  • never enough time
    • Spitl.de
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »
Oooh Kay, these pictures tell me that you came just the same way I have gone. And it's a long one.
What keeps us apart however is that you have the courage to show off the start of your way.
I haven't. Keep on posting, I rather like stuff like this, as it reminds me that our hobby is not only about making as many points as possible on coolminiornot,
It's about commitment, So you just got it.!

Greetigs
GS
"You don't have enough magic in you to make cereals into breakfast!"Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
Well LAF people, thanks for all the kind and encouraging words. And for Damien and all other dragon fans, another photo of the great red dragon that is brownish/yellowish.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:55:14 PM »
Thanks Legion, he looks great, I remember him painted red but like your green paint job better.

Great stuff,
 Damien

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 11:12:40 PM »
Sweet! Isn't that the feller from the red Dungeons&Dragons Box? I really loved that picture as a kid - still do, actually.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!