Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empire of the Dead: Requiem collectors guide (not official)  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Empire of the Dead: Requiem collectors guide (not official)
« on: February 25, 2013, 12:29:18 PM »
There have been a lot of questions on the Empire of the Dead Kickstarter about the miniatures and what faction they belong to, how you combine them, which are ”good/evil” etc. I decided to put together some general guidelines based solely upon the existing factions in the hardback rulebook.

Bear in mind that West Wind appear to be gradually releasing rules for new factions and characters which may differ from the list below. However EotD many of the miniatures in Empire of the Dead have potentially more than one use and aren’t as strictly locked to a specific “faction/army”   the way miniature ranges often are for other games out there. Nothing prevents you from using some of the new characters from something like the Nemesis box as a regular Gentlemen’s Club.

Allegiance is also something that isn’t very strict when it comes to certain factions, while others are almost dead certain. I will include the allegiance types of each box/single character  as best I can based upon the current factions and common sense within the Empire of the Dead universe. If you use the miniatures to make your own faction then you naturally pick the allegiance that fits your creation the best and not strictly the allegiance I have marked them with.

In any case I put together my own non-official take on the miniatures and boxed sets available in the kickstarter. You can find my guide over at my blog (it's quite a long post that explains a bit about faction composition and allegiance orientation as well)  : http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2013/02/empire-of-dead-requiem-collectors-guide.html

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:53:22 PM by Anatoli »

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
Re: Empire of the Dead: Requiem collectors guide (not official)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
Interesting list!

I wonder what rules the Vampire Slayers, Baker Street and Nemesis Criminal sets will get, as they're obviously not your generic factions... With the Order of Dragon rules announced, I'd say the Vampire Slayers could get their own rules too (though I still hope Van Helsing becomes a special character). The remaining two IMO should be just sets of special characters - though a band of Holmes' enemies sounds awesome.  :D

If John Brown gets his own stats, he will probably have the same alignment as Queen Victoria. He's her servant after all.
The hound doesn't look that Evil to me, I think it could have all three alignments. Though it could get its own rules as the Black Dog or something similar.
The Baron should accompany the Monster and be Evil. Or maybe the Monster will be Neutral?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:10:45 PM by Sarmor »

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
I think the hound is controlled by evil like in the book, though could be a cool thing to link it to an item to be used by anyone. The monster should be neutral too, though controlled by evil...

Agreed on JB, he was more than a simple servant to the Queen so I think he'll be aligned to her.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
PS top wotk Anatoli

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:36:39 AM »
Nice work.
I was waiting for someone to do something like this.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 04:57:32 AM »
Are you people illiterates or what?  ;) Haven't you read Frankenstein? Adam, aka the Monster, is not evil. The Baron is closer to evil, though mostly he's really just obsessed.
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
The monster imo goes from Good/Neutral to Evil due to its actions. Assuming it's part of the EotD universe and diverts from the fate at the end of Frankenstein's monster - it could well romp around vengeful through the countryside.

@Sarmor, yeah most likely closely tied to Victoria, I just figured you could use him as a regular Gentleman's club member as well in which case his allegiance could be that of his club.

@thebinmann, controlling the hound by evil would be cool, overall there are a lot of cool ideas that come to mind with these classic characters that WW has decided to sculpt and add to their EotD range. It will be very interesting to see what they do with them all  :)