Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic (what's this? an update?!)  (Read 27715 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic (MOAR STUFF 3-7-13)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »
Blasphemer.   ;)

I tend to maintain just 28/30mm.  I prefer painting those figures.  I have some 6mm, but only as pieces for my maps.

And it will take some work to get everything into a photo from here on out - it is quickly becoming the single largest gaming project I have ever collected.

Even above my Fallout game, which is 4 bins of terrain, 4 terrain boards, and a hundred or so figures.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic (A small addition 3-20-13)
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 05:45:32 AM »
So, I am doing a map for a Mars FUBAR campaign using the hexes from Planetary Empires and Mighty Empires from Games Workshop, and I wanted to show where some of the armies will be using Epic/6MM figures.

Then I had an urge...

So, this version of the mighty Aeronef Gungnir is about, oh, so big...

Made from Balsa wood sticks and the little center bosses from old school GW shields.  I am actually quite proud of hos close I got it, considering it is less than 3/4 inch long.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:41 AM »
That's brilliant!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 09:07:47 PM »
 :o

Great bleeding wounds!
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »
Wow, that trooper is absolutely enormous, because Gungnir looks tiny next to him!

lol

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
And we add for the native forces, the Tusken Guardian beasts.  I haven't decided on a name for these yet, though I keep referring to them as Temple Lions.  I need guards for my Shaman, as people realixed that picking him off made the Tuskens easier to fight (in FUBAR, I gave the shaman the special ability to let any native force within 24" use his Activation when rolling to activate - and the difference between a 3+ and a 5+ is significant).

These will be able to absorb some of the shots coming the shaman's way.

Also up today, the latest addition to the Free Norway First - some newer sculpts from Brigade Models.

And my biggest bad boy, the Jotnar.  Luckily, only a few of these wander the mountains of Mars, and while less intelligent than Trolls, they can be trained if you find them early enough.  The natives call them Mountain Kings, but the Norsk call the Jotnars.

This is when I was ambushed with an idea for converting this figure, but I like how this one came out too much to convert, so I started looking for another one.  Prices on these are ridiculous.

Too close!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
And for today's lesson in Martian fauna, we introduce the Landhai.  When told by the natives that they tended towards herd behavior, but were most dangerous when they were without the female, Doktor Fabius began investigating how to domesticate them, seeing them as a replacement for the horse in the harsh deserts of the Martian north.  Already adapted to the cold steppes, these creatures she found were controlled by scent glands near the female's hindquarters, and she was able to create an elixir which was similar enough for farmers to raise the beasts safely.

The female lays eggs, which then hatch tiny legged beasts (the anklebiters) which seem to fight among themselves until there are only three left, and then they cluster together. 

Later they will begin to outgrow their legs, and start burrowing.  This is an intermediate stage, where the mother will leave the remains of her dinner near these 'chompers' and they will continue to grow below ground.

They emerge, and then began to grow into the ridable beasts we know today.

And best of all, they taste really good. Remember, a safe farmer is a happy farmer. Wipe down with Fabius' Fabulous elixir before doing your chores.

I don't create monsters - I create ecologies.

The little ones are from Angel Barracks, the next size up is a group of 'Chompers' from the Privateer Press Monsterpocalypse game, and then we have some D&D mini that had no discernable head, so I pressmoulded the heads of the chompers and cast those to add on, and then of course, we have the bulette minis.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Very creative, I like the concept and can see it being used in different scenarios.
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Nice, really bring the colony to life.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
 :-*

YOU, sir... are a maniac!   ;)

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
Oh yes, this has sceanrio written all over it.

Raid on the herds by natives, both to deny them to the Earhters and to capture some for their own use.

Starving natives attack, seeking food.

Skirmish between European forces, bent on controlling the region for agriculutral and military reasons. Killing the livestock costs VP.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Sinewgrab's New All-Encompassing VSF Topic (More stuff! Updated 9-1-13)
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »
So, I resurrect yet another of my ancient threads with more Norwegian models.  I increased their troop capabilities with yet more Sleipnir class Steam transports.

And in case of a need for heavy weaponry, we have the as-of-yet unnamed Sleipnir variation with a big gun...

And since no human would be crazy enough to be up there manning it, I created automatons to do so.

All based on Chimeras from EE, and the automatons are from the Mage Knight line, with some added features.  I am exceedingly pleased with a purchase I made on Ebay that gave me about 100 various golems and such from the game a while back.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Woo! It has been a while since I added anything here, but hey, here we are.

I picked up some of the Houston's guns Nordenfelts for my ships.

Well detailed, and certainly worth the price, which is very reasonable at 2-2.50 each for 3 barrel and 5 barrel.

I also completed the second of my Scout Aeronefs, the Tanngnjostr, with its oversized one-shot cannon, and side Nordenfelts.

And some Redoubt sailors to man this and others...

Feels good to do some more Norwegians after a long break.

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
Very nice. First time I've seen the thread. I like the GW Chimera conversions too, though it all looks great!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
I've only just realized you started this with '...I am a lazy twaddle at heart...'

I just can't believe I let that slide, but not finding an appropriate response in ALL my posts.

SUCH a prevarication!

;)

Doug