Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:06:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689641
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tomek's Westeros Project (upd. 3.29.16 more pics p.2)  (Read 8460 times)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
Tomek's Westeros Project (upd. 3.29.16 more pics p.2)
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
Thought I'd start a topic for this as it's been going on for a while and I'm nearing the completion of my Stark-forces. All pike and foot-knights are painted, just lacking proper basing, some decals and a banner or two. The mounted knights, some archers and their commander Robb Stark is on their way!

And that will be part one of the project, all in all some 70+ miniatures. After that I'll start on the Lannisters!  ;)

Anyway, on to some pictures!

All of these miniatures are from Claymore Castings and are a joy to paint and fantastic sculpts, the pictures don't do them justice!

Later this week I'll post some pictures on the mounted knights!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:12:26 PM by tomek917 »

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Re: Tomek's Westeros Project
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
Oh man! I really like these guys, post more pics (a lot more!). Are these guys 25mm or 28mm? They remind me a little of Ebob sculpts (which are beautiful but smaller than 28mm).

Cheers,
 Damien

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
Your westerosi troops look very nice

Offline Painting Princess

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:07:45 AM »
Tomek, great minis so far. And perfect timing with your project - season 2 is out!!

Will watch this thread with interest ... will you be doing Targaryens and the khalasar also? Oooh and the Night's Watch?
The Princess Diaries (painting blog): http://painting-princess.blogspot.com.au/
Battle of Frogonia blog: http://battle-of-frogonia.blogspot.com.au/
Z Scale Steam Ventures (model railway blog): http://steam-ventures.blogspot.com.au/

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:52 PM »
Thanks for your kind words!

Are these guys 25mm or 28mm? They remind me a little of Ebob sculpts (which are beautiful but smaller than 28mm).

They are Paul Hicks sculpts, 28mm.

...will you be doing Targaryens and the khalasar also? Oooh and the Night's Watch?

I've got no plans for any of those yet, after the Lannisters I'll probably do Greyjoy and then some river lords. But you never know, lets see what ideas season three gives me ;)

Offline Painting Princess

• Scientist
    • My painting blog
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:18 AM »
I've got no plans for any of those yet, after the Lannisters I'll probably do Greyjoy and then some river lords. But you never know, lets see what ideas season three gives me ;)

I'll watch this thread with interest! Post up some pics when you've done your river lords  :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
These look great!

Although I am a little surprised the Lannisters seem to be the popular choice to model among LAFers. Am I the only one to find them (except Tyrion) complete and utter shitheels?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
Am I the only one to find them (except Tyrion) complete and utter shitheels?

You just answered your own question. Its always more fun to play the bad guy. And Honestly most of the Stark characters are annoying in there naivety.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Hildred Castaigne

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
Very nicely done!
Good choice of figures and lovely work on the paint.

Although I am a little surprised the Lannisters seem to be the popular choice to model among LAFers. Am I the only one to find them (except Tyrion) complete and utter shitheels?
Yeah, playing the villain is fun and so is painting red!   :D

But honestly, Tywin would make me want to do the Lannisters.
He is basically Machiavelli's prince incarnate.

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »
I agree - you got to do the baddies, otherwise who else would the good guys fight? - well in Martin's case everyone else, but you know what I mean. My problem is deciding who NOT to represent on the wargames table... you are spoilt for choice in Westeros. Nicely done Tomek. I look forward to watching how your project shapes up with interest. I shall have to step up my painting pace if I'm to keep up with you all!
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »
Very nice, look forward to seeing more, been thinking about Westeros themed wargaming but have no clue what rules I would use for such a project.

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
Some have suggested using the GW Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game, I'm trying Armies of Arcana, and there are others out there including SAGA, SOBH and HAVOC. It all depends on whether you want a particular set of rules for your genre or are prepared to use other Medieval sets out there. Westeros offers opportunities for both an alternatively set 'historical' game or a Fantasy one. The choice is yours!

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
Thanks again everyone!

Of course they are! (And I have to control myself every time they appear in the book or on screen so I don't rip the book apart or smash the TV  >:( ) But, as others have said, that's part of the fun! ..oh and red is just a really nice colour!

Very nice, look forward to seeing more, been thinking about Westeros themed wargaming but have no clue what rules I would use for such a project.
I'm planning on using a modified version of Silent Invaders WOTR rules, mainly because I like the look they give to a battle, and they seem easy enough for my monkey-brained friends to pick up fairly quick ;)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
Some have suggested using the GW Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game...
I've got an idea of doing some white walkers and night's watch and unse GW's rules for some skirmishing...we'll see...  :D

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »
How's it going Tomek?