Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Song Of Ice And Fire - Starks & Riverlanders - Update 30 July  (Read 12430 times)

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
Re: A Song Of Ice And Fire - More Lannisters - Update 7 June
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:07 PM »
What rule set are you planning to use for this by the way?
Sorry, forgot to reply to your comment. I haven't exactly decided which ruleset I will be using, but I suppose I will once again use the LOTR rules from games workshop. They have some flaws, but are still great fun and provide an easy, fast-paced game. Maybe I should modify some of the archer rules though, since it's quite hard to hit your target.

Today I ordered miniatures to convert them to Stannis Baratheon and Davos Seaworth. I bought this one a second time for Stannis' body (the picture is my own, I painted this miniature some time ago to be used as Túrin from Tolkien's The Silmarillion.):

I will be using green stuff to add some more detail to his otherwise quite boring mail.

As for Stannis' head, I will use the head of the miniature below, with some of his hair removed. I will also use the body of this standard bearer for Ser Davos, again with a little more detail added with green stuff. I will also add a new flag, and probably add a sword to his left hand as well:

This will be Ser Davos' head:

I was wondering if I should either paint an onion (his own sigil) or a stag (Stannis' sigil) on Davos' banner, so what do you think?
Cheers!
\\\"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon \\\'em.\\\"

-William Shakespeare

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »
Lord of the Rings is a great rule set! Do you cook up your of stat lines, or simply choose from the ma ny, many character stats available?

Thanks
n

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
I make up my own stats, since I prefer stats that are based exclusively on a character. Although there are a lot of stats available, I think that there are no profiles that completely suit the characters I have in mind, so I always make at least a few alterations. Most of the times I use this webpage: http://membres.multimania.fr/l01c/lotrcostcalc.html
It makes it very easy by calculating the cost of the profile. It's not always that accurate, but most of the times it's quite good.  :)

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »
I hadn't seen that points cost calculator before, handy!

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »
Nice find - thanks for the link CyberAlien
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »
So, after a long time, finally another update. I still haven't received the miniatures for the kingsguard, Stannis and Ser Davos yet, so I guess I'll send them an e-mail  :-[

But I did paint some Riverlands troops, to use them as Stark allies. First up are the soldiers:

The miniatures aren't exactly good, really. But they were only 50p each and they look quite GoT-like, so I think they're fine. I might replace them with more Perry figures one day.

From the same manufacturer, I also assembled this miniature (the miniatures were supplied with loose heads, shields and weapons), Brynden "Blackfish" Tully:

And finally, I converted Robb Stark himself, using the body of a Perry WOTR soldier, the head of one of those cheap figures, a Warhammer cloak and green stuff:

Honestly though, what is that thing on his cloak? Some cougar or something? Anyone have an idea as which Westeros animal it might pass, if any?

Cheers

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
Re: A Song Of Ice And Fire - Starks & Riverlanders - Update 30 July
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
With a bit of greenstuff you could make it wolfy enough I suppose.

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 03:02:15 PM »
With a bit of greenstuff you could make it wolfy enough I suppose.
Hm, perhaps I could.

Completely forgot this one...
Bronn:

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »
The latest additions are VERY NICELY DONE indeed! You have developed a charming & distinct style all your own.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Barks

• Librarian
    • Wargaming with Barks
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 11:17:03 PM »
Honestly though, what is that thing on his cloak? Some cougar or something? Anyone have an idea as which Westeros animal it might pass, if any?

Shadowcat

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »
I'd echo Barks comment - I'd try a shadowcat pelt, but greenstuff the head to make it more bobcat/feline like
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Shadowcat

I'm liking the little touches on the figures. I've got to the stage in my ASOIAF where I have several units almost fully realised but lack the creative 'oomph' to finish them off. I now have so many to do I don't know which ones to work on first!
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains