Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: PAPPIS box challenge!  (Read 25526 times)

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: PAPPIS box challenge!
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2013, 01:26:12 AM »
So am I as I've only got one figure painted so far  lol

I know exactly what I'm doing, I haven't had any chance whatsoever (bad back, holiday etc) but I will be able to make a start when I get back  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2013, 04:06:57 AM »
Oh a few extra days will be handy, I may still not complete it in that time though  :?

My problem has been discovering Red Dead Redemption. But I have been working on it, photos still to come.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2013, 05:59:56 AM »
I'm going to push the date till 1st of August.

Hope you don't mind. But I will be without internet during the end otherwise.  lol

So there's an extra 10 days now.

Seemingly June sort of fell out of the calendar?! (other than for Rob)

What happened?
That's good.
June happened. June is the month from hell, especially this week, at work.
I could get everything bar the models done by August - not good, but not too bad by my poor standards.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
Well that was fun.  lol

To recap:

And the contestants are:

Eric The Shed
Jimbibbly
vikotnik
Estarriol
Dr. The Viking
Dijit
Bobble
Rob Bresnen
Oldskoolrebel
Mason
nic-e
Jeff_W
Vanvlak
elysium64
Constable Bertrand

And now for the guys who actually got across the finish line:

Rob Bresnen (who never appeared on the list! it appears... sorry Rob)
Constable Bertrand

I was expecting a lot of people to fall... but not myself!  lol I guess the bad luck I had with some of the ideas I had killed my enthusiasm. And instead of making the hobby a love of labour and not a labour of love I gave up... The project ain't dead, but it's frozen till I find out what I want and how to get it.  :)

Now I'll lean back and watch all the Army Painters fail at getting their challenge done.  lol lol

Thanks for participating.  :)
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
oops forgot all about this :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2013, 06:20:25 PM »
I have to admit that I failed miserably at this.
 :'(

I did not even get past the 'getting stuff for it' stage, although I did get all the stuff!
I abandoned my original idea (a boardgame cross between Chess and Risk) as I did not think that it would see enough use.

Second idea, a chase game, I am still going to do.
As soon as I can see a gap in my project plan ( lol lol lol, as if I am that organised!) I will make a start.

I think the [BOX] idea is a stroke of genius and want to have a go at it, but want to do it justice.
Bearing this in mind, I will get together the stuff for Plan B and make a start later in the year when I can do it proper justice.

The [BOX] project idea should live on, so if anyone fancies joining me later, feel free.

If that is Ok with the Crazy Viking, of course.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
The [BOX] project idea should live on, so if anyone fancies joining me later, feel free.

I couldn't think of a better suited man to take over [BOX]!  You're even online every day!

I'll happily join you too.

Offline Bobble

• Scientist
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
After,what was for me,a pretty strong start (got all the figures painted and a Hobbit hole finished) I'm afraid my long term back problem,depression and a complete lack of enthusiasm for anything has stopped me doing anything even mildly hobby related. As soon as I can kick myself hard enough up the arse to get going again I swear,on my hand signed Nathan Fillion picture,that I will finish this project (I'll also get round to taking more piccies of my LPL Mopad entry too!)

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2013, 02:19:16 AM »
Well that was fun.  lol

To recap:

And now for the guys who actually got across the finish line:

Rob Bresnen (who never appeared on the list! it appears... sorry Rob)
Constable Bertrand

Now I'll lean back and watch all the Army Painters fail at getting their challenge done.  lol lol

Thanks for participating.  :)

Yay, I made something!!! I didn't think it would make it but it did. Thanks for the kick to get going CV or perhaps it never would have hahahaha. I really like the storage and transport potential for the [box] challenge. It certainly makes storage more of a non issue with all the fiddly parts. I have some more to make, scatter terrain and ruined walls. I also want to decorate the outside of the box a little too.

Rob is in that list you quoted CV. Either you missed him or it was a post-edit. Well done Rob, I still can't believe it all fits in that box. Lol CV your box is looking great, with the Porsche and the figures, if you solve the base board issue you will have mist of it done. It won't take much to bring it together. Why not keep going through august?

I'm looking forward to James not completing the army painter challenge ;) what he does will be top notch though.

Cheers
Matt.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »

I'm in  :D

I'm looking forward to James not completing the army painter challenge ;) what he does will be top notch though.

Yah boo sucks to you  ;D

cheers

James

Offline Estarriol

• Librarian
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »
Yeah, I kind of muffed it on this one. I slacked off for the first couple of weeks of june and then the sun came out for the first time in about five years so I thought that spending my days off painting was a bit mean on the children :(
PAPPIS is halted but not forgotten. Due to storage issues I think all of my projects from now on will be based around this theme (though maybe a slightly bigger box).
I'm having a bit of a mad time building some conan scenery right now, but I'll be back on to deepwars after that. Promise!

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
I managed to find the box, and the gaming surface is done - together with some scenery. Not a single model completed, though  :(
I'll try to complete it anyway, too.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »
I couldn't think of a better suited man to take over [BOX]!  You're even online every day!

I'll happily join you too.

While I am flattered that you should say that, [BOX] shall always be your baby, CV.

I dont think there is anything to take over, you have already sorted out all the rules for the Challenge at the start of this thread.
The only thing I am thinking of doing differently is the start/finish dates.
I will abide by the 'three-month rule', I will just be starting it at a later date than the rest of you guys.

Maybe it would be easier for everyone to start/continue/finish the project if each individual started the Challenge at a time when they know they should be able to fit it in to their schedule/diary/whatever.

The individual just has to announce that they are starting the Challenge with their first post and heve three months from then to finish it.

What do you think, CV?

Due to storage issues I think all of my projects from now on will be based around this theme (though maybe a slightly bigger box).

Using a Pappiss or A4 paper box for your storage needs certainly works for me.
Most of my stuff is kept in paper boxes and it certainly makes piling everything up in the cupboard easier.

The evidence:

That is my scenery for Mordheim, and the A4 boxes are certainly the easiest to store.
So much so that I always try to build things to fit in them nowadays.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »
Quote from: jimbibbly
Yah boo sucks to you  ;D

lol put me in my place by your amazing work.

The good news James, is that whether you succeed or miss, people will be cheering along the way. Just stick to your own time table, ignore us rabble, and wow us with the many amazing projects you do.

There were many valiant beginnings on this project. Post up some WIP shots by the Aug 10 deadline. There is still time ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:37:24 PM by Constable Bertrand »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2013, 06:00:47 PM »
So should we start a new thread for each entry, or continue with the old threads?

Meanwhile, I am considering myself lucky to not have finished - last night I saw Pacific Rim, and that has given me ideas......  ;)