Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: UFO-enemy unknown  (Read 17323 times)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
Re: UFO-enemy unknown
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »
Markiemark: The good point with using 15mm is that it doesnŽt have to be that big, to look big. Are you going to build a Alien moon base to go with the tables?

Everyone: I have just PDF the campaign rules v.01. It consists of a more fleshed out version of what I have written in the thread before. There are nothing indicating what rules and stats there is to use. Mainly because I have decided to make them as generic as possible, making rule swapping easier.

If anyone is interested in reading them and giving me advice, good or bad, just PM me.

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 06:54:26 AM »
I'm interested in seeing your campaign rules.

For vehicles, you can get the Konami SHADO Mobile.  It has a plain top, which you can use as is, since in the TV shows the weapons raise out of the tops of the vehicles.  If desired, you can even add on those to the top, with a little scratch building, to add the MG turret, and a mortar tube.

Other options are the Khurasan fully tracked, scout vehicle (reminds me of a WWII US fully tracked gun motor carriage vehicle, for towing large howitzers), or some of their new, eight-wheeled exploration vehicles.

Offline markiemark

• Librarian
    • Tabletop-buildings.com
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 07:21:02 AM »
good morning,

yes, its the plan to build up an underground alien moonbase...i have the entrance point for the small UFO's and an underground moonbase for the humans... (a kind of space hulk idea for 15mm...with lots of small modular hallways and rooms which can be added to change the layout of the base...

i have a human moonbase or outpost almost ready... it needs some furniture (which i have laying here) , some small scenery items, a couple of walls and silo's.... the moonboard which i will use is also ready....

but first i have to come up with an idea of a larger UFO, for transporting purposes...

and the last 9 greys need some paint.... after that the occupants for the moonbase which are also on my painting table must be finished...

and yes... i have great interest in your rules... could you sent me those?? many thanks...

markiemark

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
IŽll get round sending a small PDF to the both of you, as soon as I wrestle the computer they are on from my kids. I guess they will defend that computer with their life, since it is the only computer Sims 3 works on. ;)

Mako: DidnŽt we agree that it is not the TV-series I am basing the game on, but the computer game. :D
But thanks for the suggestion IŽll check it out.
Edit: Oh, holy f*ck that was one cool piece of kit. I just got to get me one of those........
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:09:44 PM by Machinegunkelly »

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 09:41:03 AM »
IŽll try attaching the PDF of the campaingn rules here, so that people can take a look at the rules. thank you all of you who has showned interest.

EDIT: I removed them because now I have reached v .02.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:37:25 PM by Machinegunkelly »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »
Just going to have a quick look now :)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
Version 0.2
Ive cleaned it up and fleshed it out a bit.

I added

- economy system.
- base buildings
- vehicles and equipment

EDIT: Removed V.02 of the rules due to newer incarnation.....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:41:14 PM by Machinegunkelly »

Offline markiemark

• Librarian
    • Tabletop-buildings.com
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »
thanks for the ruleset.... will have a look tonight and see how it works...
i did find some other rules... no limits and beamstrike....maybe its interesting...

so...today is painting time for me.... a 3D heroquest board is the hero today.... lots and lots of pieces to paint.... think i don't have much time for my xcom board...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
That's a really good start. So you have to pay to level up a character? Maybe with the wounding you could split it into "wound" and "death" so a weapon that if a weapon only barely damages the target it just wounds them and they drop a level at the end of the game but if they get totally splattered they are gone for good or dropped all the way down to private. I don't know how you are working out the damage system so can't say too much really. :)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I have tried to keep the campaing rules set as generic as possible. That way I can easily adopt it to any ruleset that I fancy. As in the beginning it will be quite small games with few miniatures I am considering using a hardcore tactical rule set with lots of options.

A good candidate is the free ruleset Assault squad by Marios Damoulianos. I used to have it on PDF but that computers HD fried so now I only have the printed version. And it seems to have been eradicated from the internet...so if you know any in possesion of the rules I would really like to get my paws on them.

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
That's a really good start. So you have to pay to level up a character? Maybe with the wounding you could split it into "wound" and "death" so a weapon that if a weapon only barely damages the target it just wounds them and they drop a level at the end of the game but if they get totally splattered they are gone for good or dropped all the way down to private. I don't know how you are working out the damage system so can't say too much really. :)

IŽve been ponderin this also. It might seem harsh to loose all the advancements a soldier have. But there is also the point that you get if you succed a easy mission 400RP. that is almost a new Fire Team.

But I still believ you are on to something. In the later UFO games soldiers usually ended up in sick bay to recuperate.

So how about when they reach dead stat. They are just a "man down" until the end of the scenario where some kind of roll on a dice, modified by characters on the table, have a chance to stabilise them. A good reason to actually include medics in the team.

It would also open up a reason to include sickbay as a base module. It could give bonuses on the soldiers chance to survive. But I will not let them recuperate, that would be to much book keeping. Either they are dead or they are not.

Sound good?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
I like it.
This idea may require some writing but perhaps each weapon could have a wound factor that modifies the die roll at the end to see how badly they are hurt. Just like how the heavy plasma always destroyed anything without flying armour/power armour and then you could include modifiers for armour as well to the final wound. E.g. On a d10 roll they roll an eight, this would usually equate to losing 3 levels (?) the heavy plasma +2 to the roll equalling 10 which would be death, but the were wearing power armour which -3 equalling 7 this means they only lose 2 levels in the end. Or something like that. Does that make sense. Just a thought, it may be too complex in the final phase of the game trying to remember who went down and how. Or you could do it during the game?

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »
Interesting ideas, but I think it will be to much book keeping during the game. I try to avoid it if possible but I donŽt mind book keeping between games. You know afterwards when you sit down with a cold drink in your hand and talk about the game.....

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
Hello again.

does anybody know how these: http://www.grippingbeast.com/shop.php?CatID=39

Scale up to these: http://www.theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=43

Do they work well together?

I hope I can upload some pics of the Scout UFO previosly seen in my AARs. I just want to prime it silver and perhaps give the interior some blackshade too. Perhaps I manage to do it this weekend, otherwise I just leave it as a cliffhanger for a while.....

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »
I see quite a few have downloaded v0.2 rules. You are most welcome to leave comments and/or suggestions. Opinions are like cookies. The more, the better.

Rules v.03
-Added short description of the tactics rule I will use: Assault squad. Hopefully you will understand how they function even though this is just a brief description of the basic rules.

-Added Med-bay.

-Added rules for hidden movement in buildings.

-Added rules for civilians.

Things to do...

- Rules for vehicles, since there arenŽt any in Assault squad rules.
- Sniper fire team.
- Research rules.
- SWAT fire teams to add shotguns ,SMGs and Flash bang grenades.
- Bestiary for GM. Including the International charity organisation called P.U.P.P.E.T. (If you have read my AARs you might guess where I am going with this one)
- A lot more.....

EDIT: Since there had been some problem with the previous file, I PDFd it again and made a new upload. It is more or less the same as before but there are some adjustments made, like stats for all soldiers and what equipment they have. But if you had no problem with the former upload there is no real need to download it again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:54:03 PM by Machinegunkelly »