Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686553
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Getting Ready for Salute 2013.  (Read 3021 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Getting Ready for Salute 2013.
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »
Well it's been a different build-up to Salute for us this year. Sadly we're not involved in any games this year but just as well because I've managed to get our humble Slug Industries range carried at the show this year by the mighty Fenris Games. We're very excited by this but it has meant a lot more work, namely getting around to painting all our pieces for a show catalogue, and generating stock - the latter we haven't really done before because we cast to order.

These are our city ruins, which Akula is using a set of on his Planet of the Apes boards. I've gone for a relatively light paint scheme on these.

They're quite large and at 5mm wide on the walls suitable for fitting in with anything you might already have made of 5mm foamboard. Works across tons of periods.

This is half of our ruined building set which is a bit more modern, but still works across a lot of periods and genres. This is in a more typical ruined building grey.

This is the other half. It was odd to revisit these with a paintbrush so long after making the masters. I've put a lot of detail into the rubble and picking it all out took quite a while.

And the rubble set, which is designed to fill out either of the sets above, although these have been painted to fit in more with the latter.

At last the RV with the decal set. I'm not sure about the windows, too dark?

Big thanks to Bungle for helping me with techniques for painting the glass.

A much better paint job I think from Mike Awdry, he knew I was after a painted photo of this and rushed into the breach. Unfortunately his decal set was stolen by some scumbag at the Royal Mail didn't turn up in time. Thanks Mike

Please have a butchers at our catalogue on the Fenris stand TB02 if you have a chance, stocks are limted, and if anyone would like to be our first show pre-order ever please PM. Big thanks to Ian of Fenris for being so accomodating, encouraging and an all round top chap.

By the way the LAF badges will be available on the Fenris Stand too. For those not attending and unable to get a chum pick one up for them there will be some sent off to LAF HQ in the week after Salute.

Hope to see you there.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Re: Getting Ready for Salute 2013.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
Some very nice pieces in there Phil. I already have the RV and must insist that anyone who calls themselves a 'real' Zombie game fan should buy one, or maybe two like me!

Those ruins look tasty as well!  :)
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
Love the RV!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »
Thanks guys, I've been so busy I hadn't got a chance to paint one. It's all be hectic, but thankfully Salute is a great way to focus activities not least in impersonating a headless chicken. I'm not sure how anyone gets a whole stall together - although I did mention the stress to Doug at Em4 and he's floating above it like a Hindu saint rising to the heavens.  8)

I've also had to bash together a catalogue for the stand, and also do a lower res version for the site this has been fraught with difficulties which I would list but revisiting it would just be reliving it.  :o

I've just this moment got the catalogue up on the site, which will now be our main way of displaying our wares until it becomes feasible to have a web shop one day... hopefully!

http://slugindustries.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/new-fangled-catalogue/

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Hi Phil,

nice catalogue and some very nice stuff in there. I certainly will buy more in the future. I hope you have a great sale at salute. (nice luggage BTW  ;))

Regards,
Za

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
Thanks Mate.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
Some nice bits there Phil! Nice painting too~

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
Thanks mate, I'm off to get the train... hope to see you there.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
Take it steady Phil enjoy evil dead if you go tonight.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.