Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:12:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686637
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Robotech Tactics  (Read 26559 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
(KICKSTARTER) Robotech Tactics
« on: April 18, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
Robotech Tactics Kickstarter has started already rolled $100k in just a few hours! Open thy wallets and cry!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:31:55 PM by Westfalia Chris »
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Robotech Tactics Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »
No Thanks.   :)

I am sure those who follow this style of RPG/Game will be interested.   :-*

I am trying to reduce my variety of miniatures focuses not increase it.   ::)   lol  

Obviously there are more than sufficient numbers of players to succeed.   o_o

I am sure I will see this game in conventions in the near future.   :)

I wonder what the record on KS is for largest amount of pledge money collected the fastest?  This seems to have met it's goals extremely fast.   :o

Gracias,

Glenn

Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:18:01 PM »
For the love of God, I hope they have their legal stuff sorted out this time (yes, it's Palladium and not FASA). Certainly don't want to see a repeat of the Harmony Gold drama, not if the renders look that good.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21:48 PM »
For the love of God, I hope they have their legal stuff sorted out this time (yes, it's Palladium and not FASA). Certainly don't want to see a repeat of the Harmony Gold drama, not if the renders look that good.

Yeah, that would be really nice.  The Robotech fans don't need more disappointment.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »

Yea they are working direct with Palladium, matter of fact much of the artwork for many of the deals is old cover art from the old RPG system. This is good for launch if they can stick to the Dec deadline they promise.

Offline Last Chancer

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:07:36 PM »
Backed. Been a Robotech fan fan for 20+ years. Can't wait for Dec.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:19 AM »
I think in part it's the "official" named miniatures and game aspect of the hobby.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:17:12 AM »
but glenn the minis at HLJ are official figures too!

I know.  Gamers are not always logical.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »
at last an intro vid that has quality!

They have harmony gold onboard so i cant see any problems with the legals.

The fact Palladium are involved is the only problem. (rifts was shit)

I do have one question though. With this KS you get a boxed game for $80. you can add stuff to that by paying more money for the extra bits.

Soooooooo why the flying fork should I open my wallet and give these people money for something that does not exist yet, when once its done and dusted and actually exists as a real product with informed reviews and real minis not digi sculpts I can buy the game for $80 with a much more informed purchase decision about what I am actually getting and know exactly when its going to arrive.

Now either I am missing something or there is a shed load of people who are up for buying a coat hanger shaped bridge in sydney I have the deeds for.

Oh and one final thought, if the rules are shit which after seeing Rifts I suspect they will be. There is always LAF's own Elbows macross game which these figs would work for. Oh and another final thought. You can fill out your 1/285 forces dead cheap with quality sculpts from HLJ. They had a huge set of these 1/285 macross gashapon last time I looked going cheap cheap cheap.

Not to mention they are being made as model kits so I can see the japanese market selling these cheaper than in the west.

A smart fella should be able to do this for a fraction of the cost.

Well you still get the freebie upgrades, so far an extra Valkyrie kit has made it and the Destroids was expanded.   The other perk of investing is getting it first before the retailers do. I am in, just have to figure out how much I will be.

I also think once people figure out those kits by other makers could work, the prices will rocket up as will the demand.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 02:41:03 AM »
still confused. (Im getting old)  Look when I bought dreadball I got the ref and the extra figs as a built in component of the retail game.

These guys have a 'you can add X for an extra $20' thing going. So what am I getting for free on the retail version?

How they are doing it is alternate "unlocks" one is at a $ value and the other is a free uprade starting at the $80 set or one of the more expensive ones.

Works like this:

You buy a $80 set
First unlock: $20 for two new destroids
Second Unlock Goal: Free Valkyries (I think one or two, can't recall)
Third Unlock: unlocked the Zentradi Fighters for $20 for 2
Now the next unlock pending is 3 new Pods fre

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 05:32:49 AM »
Essentially.  I'm in just for the miniatures (I have a feeling the final products will get a huge bump from Battletech gamers as they're proper scale).  I'll probably end up using them in my own game, but Robotech is Robotech.

I just hate Palladium games and Siembeda...they've really trashed the franchise for years...keeping a stranglehold on it.  In fact I may not pledge on this, just because I'd rather buy it from a vendor....I'll wait and watch the bonus tiers.  :?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Online Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 06:04:15 AM »
I'd like to get some of the pods but don't want the game... :(

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:41:48 AM »
The listed scale being 1/285 should make some BT players happy. Be able to use some of the "unseen" figs in there games again and for a good price for a good looking model.

Oh and another final thought. You can fill out your 1/285 forces dead cheap with quality sculpts from HLJ. They had a huge set of these 1/285 macross gashapon last time I looked going cheap cheap cheap.
Can you provide a link? I was unable to locate them on the HLJ site. Thx :-)

Grimm

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »
cheers. now I get it. So basicly what you add on is half price when the free stuff is taken into the equation.

in theory you can look at it like that, but you don't HAVE to buy any of the add on stuff but FREE is FREE. I know there is going to be so much I will have to pick and choose my fights due to limited budget.

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 02:15:14 AM »
Actually, it's the $140 pledge that gets the freebies, not the $80. The only thing spending $80 does now is help them hit goals, some of which will undoubtedly be upgrading the basic components of the standard release. If you followed the Relic Knights KS at all then you'll know what to expect, the game and minis and KS is being done by the same people.

And as much as I hate Siembieda and his company, that last bit has me in high hopes for this. It sounds like he's being pretty hands-off with this since he has absolutely no interest in miniature wargaming. It was actually all due to the guys that run Paulson Games and The Robotech Battles blog that this is happening at all, they pushed for a good year to get a Robotech minis game created just because they were fans of Robotech and wanted to see a game made. Even had some pretty awesome prototype figs done for it. Got it all the way to Harmony Gold, who told them they were free to do it if they could get the green light from Palladium. Obviously those talks didn't come to anything except that it convinced Siembieda that there was a market for it. I was initially very worried because at first it seemed like Siembieda had so little interest in it that he was going to go with cheaper casters and half-arse the game, but now obviously they've gone with having an ACTUAL miniatures company produce the game and boy have they decided to go all-out for it. Paulson Games made some FANTASTIC prototypes, but he's one guy working out of his garage and it would have taken him years to do what Soda Pop/Ninja Division can do in weeks and do it in plastic instead of resin.
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery