Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Robotech Tactics  (Read 26671 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Robotech Tactics Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »
Actually, it's the $140 pledge that gets the freebies, not the $80. The only thing spending $80 does now is help them hit goals, some of which will undoubtedly be upgrading the basic components of the standard release. If you followed the Relic Knights KS at all then you'll know what to expect, the game and minis and KS is being done by the same people.

And as much as I hate Siembieda and his company, that last bit has me in high hopes for this. It sounds like he's being pretty hands-off with this since he has absolutely no interest in miniature wargaming. It was actually all due to the guys that run Paulson Games and The Robotech Battles blog that this is happening at all, they pushed for a good year to get a Robotech minis game created just because they were fans of Robotech and wanted to see a game made. Even had some pretty awesome prototype figs done for it. Got it all the way to Harmony Gold, who told them they were free to do it if they could get the green light from Palladium. Obviously those talks didn't come to anything except that it convinced Siembieda that there was a market for it. I was initially very worried because at first it seemed like Siembieda had so little interest in it that he was going to go with cheaper casters and half-arse the game, but now obviously they've gone with having an ACTUAL miniatures company produce the game and boy have they decided to go all-out for it. Paulson Games made some FANTASTIC prototypes, but he's one guy working out of his garage and it would have taken him years to do what Soda Pop/Ninja Division can do in weeks and do it in plastic instead of resin.
Yea, I just found out you have to be in the $140 range to get the perks. It really sucks.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 04:30:53 AM »
sorry grimm i sold you a bum steer they are 1/200 but you do get 10 figs for about $11 aud http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00077/Gsh and http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00096/ the second set which are about 20 aud a box of ten and the only difference i suspect is the paint jobs.
Looks form the description though it is 12 figs to a box. 3 models in 3 modes each plus 3 surprise figs.
These wont be good for BT players in the standard format but the VF's will be good for a larger BT scale i have been seeing as of late.

Grimm

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 07:03:49 AM »
I cannot wait to see this, robotech is one of my favouritist things ever, I grew up on drooling over the fact I was witnessing transforming, missile orgy inducing freaking F-14 jets.

I'm just hopeful they do a VF-1D fighter, as it sounds like they won't, despite bring important

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:41:49 PM »
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's a bit torn.

I'll plow on with my 1/200 stuff (been slowly building/painting while the project is on hold for SnS)...but I'll definitely look into collecting the minis for this game, maybe even a box or two.  If anything, I'll make more of my own rules if their mini rules suck (hope they don't).

My 1/200 project is already 85% done, so I'll knock it out and then see about the 1/285th scale stuff.  If we're honest, there is no excuse for this stuff to be so late to the party. Why wasn't this around 10-15 years ago?  I really hate the fake-enthusiasm Siembeda seems to have for Robotech.  It infuriates me that such a slow moving, non-adapting company has held the reigns of this IP.

"Oh look, a revamped RPG book 25 years after the first! WOOHOO!"  The U.S. should have been awash with awesome Robotech toys (and not Exo-Squad rehashes of the early 1990's toys) and games, etc.  We got a couple of mediocre video games and a stumbling poorly supported RPG.  I hope this game is good enough to renew my faith. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline mpennock

• Scientist
    • Arctic Skunk Shapeways store
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 04:57:29 AM »
I got to see some of the pre-production figures for this game at Adepticon yesterday, and they looked pretty good. These were metal figures made off of the masters and not the plastic figures that will come with the game. I'm definitely interested in the figures, but I haven't decided whether I'll pledge in the KS or just wait until they've been released and pick them up then.

Offline Marauder

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
Minis look promising, but very little mention about the game mechanics. 

-Tim

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:21 PM »
I'm already working on my own rules for use with the mini's...so no worries there.   :D

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:59 AM »
I have been a huge protoculture addict for as long as I can remember, so I have backed this project to the hilt. Not sure why there seems to be so much concern about the rules, the ninja division team is a pretty high-powered group with plenty of experience and previous success, I can't see them stuffing it up horribly. The initial rules video from adepticon seemed solid.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »
I have been a huge protoculture addict for as long as I can remember, so I have backed this project to the hilt. Not sure why there seems to be so much concern about the rules, the ninja division team is a pretty high-powered group with plenty of experience and previous success, I can't see them stuffing it up horribly. The initial rules video from adepticon seemed solid.

They posted a rough demo of the game to give people a general idea on the Kickstarter updates.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 10:20:20 PM »
Hook, line and sinker. I'm in.  :)

Been a Robotech fan for ages.
Too many projects... not enough time...

Offline Marauder

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »
A better look at the Valkyrie stat card can be found here:

http://robotechbattles.blogspot.ca/2013/04/demo-pics-from-adepticon.html

-Tim

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »
Looks good. I'm personally in for the Battle Cry pledge level.

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
I went in at Showdown level, first kickstarter I've backed but well... It's Robotech. Figure even if the stretch goals get comparatively lackluster at this point I'm getting a decent deal. I suspect from here on out it'll likely be purchase add ons and other attempts at 'moar monee' rather than any rewards for backing the project.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
Ninja just opened up "backer" options for free upgrades...200 for the first....extra set of minis!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts/464592?ref=email&show_token=15442c0c92c6d063

If you are in the fence, join in now....the extra backers will help everyone out! Hell even if you pitch $1

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 04:18:20 PM »
...first kickstarter I've backed but well... It's Robotech.

My toughts too.

And it seems like the bonus Destroids will be in, and the Artillery Pods will kick in at 400K wich at this rate seems very likely.

Oh joy. :)