Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690790
  • Total Topics: 118350
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.125 - SdKfz10 half-track with 2cm Flak 30  (Read 280955 times)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Loverly jubberly  :D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Boooo les Vichy! Les traîtres devraient avoir honte d'eux-mêmes!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Lovely work Richard.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Awesomeness in plenty. 👍

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
A truly vichy-ous output, Captain.

Also, I'll take back what I said about the Dodge's camouflage. It looks great placed on the board, must have been the unicolour backdrop that put me off.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
It is always a treat to see what you paint up.
Love your new toys.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Ajax

• Scientist
Simply fantastic work...

Ajax, French in awe.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks Ajax et al. Merci beaucoup :)

Also, I'll take back what I said about the Dodge's camouflage. It looks great placed on the board, must have been the unicolour backdrop that put me off.

No need to take it back, Chris. These French camo patterns really are quite unbelievably melodramatic. You'd think they would draw attention rather than helping the vehicles disappear!
Looking again at the pictures of the models in situ, they obviously look a bit ridiculous with their bold green and brown camo standing out against the bleached sand of the open desert.
To be fair though, significant portions of Syria and the Levant have a fair amount of brush and plentiful groves and orchards - olives, citrus fruits, nuts, cypress - not to mention palms of all denominations and a wealth of flowering shrubs. So I guess they would blend in better in a more mixed Mediterranean environment...

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*Inspiring work as usual from you Richard! I would say keep up the good work but you also depress me with your painting skills!  ;D I love that little French P16 AFV...don't know why but it just looks so cool.

So now your French are practically done, what's next???

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Lovely little force :-* :-* :-*
Some very nice figures and unusual vehicles not often seen on wargames tables, I don't remember ever seeing a french desert force before.
Keep up the good work

Offline Johan

• Scientist
    • http://www.tsoa.be
Thanks Ajax et al. Merci beaucoup :)

No need to take it back, Chris. These French camo patterns really are quite unbelievably melodramatic. You'd think they would draw attention rather than helping the vehicles disappear!
Looking again at the pictures of the models in situ, they obviously look a bit ridiculous with their bold green and brown camo standing out against the bleached sand of the open desert.
To be fair though, significant portions of Syria and the Levant have a fair amount of brush and plentiful groves and orchards - olives, citrus fruits, nuts, cypress - not to mention palms of all denominations and a wealth of flowering shrubs. So I guess they would blend in better in a more mixed Mediterranean environment...

Not all camouflage was used to make the vehicle/airplane/ship/building to disappear, but to break up the contours. If they wanted to make something disappear they used camouflagenetting.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now

Another lovely paintjob :-*

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks gents  :)

So now your French are practically done, what's next???

Haha. V funny Dr Rob!
Unfortunately, I have at least another half a dozen Vichy vehicles / guns and around 40 figures to go!
At my current slow rate of production, that'll see me through to Christmas at least...
I also have the British Perry RR A/C to do, and the new Rubicon SdKfz 222/3 kit - when I can actually get hold of one! (or two - I do fancy a squadron of these... )

But then...
More Perry WOTR mounted knights (have sat undercoated for two years...  :(), some Perry Zulus, more Copplestone 15mm barbarians, a load of Feudal / GoT kitbashed figures to paint, and by then, the Perry HYW mounted set will be out, so more GoT mounted knights to be kitbashed.
Oh yes, and my Footsore Romano-Brits/Arthurians to finish off - another 5 year old project now! To which I added a few Saxon Miniatures... Sheesh. Oh yes, and another woolly mammoth and a terror bird for Cave Wars, plus a batch of late North Star C17th civilians, more Lucid Eye Amazons, some Knuckleduster old west gunfighters... The list goes on... And that's just all the prepped, undercoated stuff. Don't even get me started on the lead mountain... So much stuff to paint. So little time.  ::)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now

and the new Rubicon SdKfz 222/3 kit - when I can actually get hold of one!
- I also noticed that the Rubicon UK store seemed to sell out instantly - fortunately Caliver Books Ebay store has them in stock (always found them a reliable seller)

ebay.co.uk/str/nannyogg999/Rubicon-Models/_i.html?_storecat=8449439012

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Just superb work Captain!! :-*

Christopher