Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.125 - SdKfz10 half-track with 2cm Flak 30  (Read 280557 times)

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.92 - Vichy French so far... (29 Sept)
« Reply #1380 on: October 03, 2018, 10:01:12 AM »
Nice work and rest pictures!

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #1381 on: October 03, 2018, 10:16:54 AM »
If you photoshopped the edges of the bases out a la Perry twins photos you'd almost believe they were the real thing. :D

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #1382 on: October 03, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
It all looks amazing  :-*

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #1383 on: October 03, 2018, 03:30:28 PM »
Thanks fellows  :)

Yes Thorbjorn. Still persevering with the unloved Iron Cross. Although haven’t played for several months. Once the Vichy force is complete, I shall make sure to organise a game or two...

The boards are 600mm styrofoam squares, and I’ve done six so far, so that’s basically 1200 x 1800, or 4ft x 6ft in old money. But I have some more boards to do...

Unloved, eh?

I recall being quite fond of them.  Shooting could become a bit of an impotent clubbing with boiled sausages that would drag on,  but other than that..
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1384 on: October 03, 2018, 05:56:45 PM »
Unloved by the people that produced and promoted them at any rate, with no further development, promotion, support or even much in the way of interest after an initial flurry.
They don’t really seem to have landed well, and appear to have therefore been just left to meander along until they die - even though anecdotally, most of the people I’ve heard from that have played them, say they like them. Not without a few problems, but generally liked.

Well, there’s a lot of fierce competition out there in 28mm WW2 ruleset land, with several big beasts that are very vigorously promoted and supported.
I guess to make a dent in the market takes determination, and either a decent budget or a lot of chutzpah. None of which seems to have been in evidence with this particular ruleset. Pity.
:(

Offline Lysandros

• Scientist
« Reply #1385 on: October 03, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »
Unloved by the people that produced and promoted them at any rate, with no further development, promotion, support or even much in the way of interest after an initial flurry.
They don’t really seem to have landed well, and appear to have therefore been just left to meander along until they die - even though anecdotally, most of the people I’ve heard from that have played them, say they like them. Not without a few problems, but generally liked.

Well, there’s a lot of fierce competition out there in 28mm WW2 ruleset land, with several big beasts that are very vigorously promoted and supported.
I guess to make a dent in the market takes determination, and either a decent budget or a lot of chutzpah. None of which seems to have been in evidence with this particular ruleset. Pity.
:(
Iron Cross has a great command order system which should give a fun , unpredictable game
Sadly everything else is clumsy especially shooting.
There could be a great game there but it's a mess.
I have always wondered if anyone has used there Command system and strapped it onto another set of rules with success ?

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #1386 on: October 04, 2018, 07:10:59 AM »
very very nice
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #1387 on: October 06, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »

So, I never understood why they were released by a company with an existing WW2-System. So they had to make a decision to support one or the other, but they never really supported Iron Cross. But Richard, you will buy the rights and push it, right? ;) I think it is a clever system with a lot of tactical elements.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #1388 on: October 07, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »
Well...this multi-page topic has inspired myself to jump feet first into some Perry plastic action.  I look forward when my box of goodies arrive this week from Perry to start and explore some of your conversions.

Tank you for posting.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1389 on: October 07, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
Well...this multi-page topic has inspired myself to jump feet first into some Perry plastic action.  I look forward when my box of goodies arrive this week from Perry to start and explore some of your conversions.

:)

Good luck with it.

Offline Rommel

• Librarian
« Reply #1390 on: November 20, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
Hello Captain Blood,
Lovely painting, just bought me a DAK and Desert Rats army from Perry, inspired by your painting. The shirt and shorts of the Desert Rats were mainly with colours? The numbering of the tanks, did you do research?

Cheers,
Dirk

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1391 on: November 20, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »
No, the tank numbers are all purely random - whatever decals were available in the various kits. All very random. As long as they look nice  :)

The Desert Rats shorts are mainly Vallejo Khaki and Iraqi Sand.

Offline Rommel

• Librarian
« Reply #1392 on: November 21, 2018, 06:14:53 AM »

I ordered Crowood's ww2 german painting guide and the ww2 desert painting miniatures from Andy Singleton. In the Crowood's one are pictures with your miniatures if i'm not wrong?

Cheers,
Dirk
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:26:15 AM by Rommel »

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #1393 on: November 24, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »
No, the tank numbers are all purely random - whatever decals were available in the various kits. All very random. As long as they look nice  :)

Richard's not a purist but a creative type!  ;D Heck, rather then be sucked in like many of us - me included - to buying fancy paints that claim to be color matched to the real thing, he opts for Craft Paints and other items. Richard then adds in vivid imagination and talent with a brush to create his masterpieces that make us all droll with envy!

So keep up the great work me Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Offline Rommel

• Librarian
« Reply #1394 on: November 24, 2018, 07:10:03 PM »
He’s right, i’m always breaking my head to be as historical as possible, wich most of the people don’t give A damm when they see the painted stuff!