Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:10:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.125 - SdKfz10 half-track with 2cm Flak 30  (Read 276660 times)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Excellent work (obvs!). I'm looking forward to seeing the Senegalese. In one of my WWII books there's first hand accounts of the Germans invading France and they are quite complimentary about the Senegalese.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks  :)

- I also noticed that the Rubicon UK store seemed to sell out instantly - fortunately Caliver Books Ebay store has them in stock (always found them a reliable seller)

Thanks for the tip. Ordered  8)

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
and the new Rubicon SdKfz 222/3 kit - when I can actually get hold of one!

I want to get one of those and call it Hubert. :)
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Clawed_Greengrass

• Librarian
Absolutely wonderful stuff  ;)

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
Wonderful work Richard! Your painting style combined with those wonderfully unorthodox french camouflage schemes are a guarantee for eyecandy.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks fellows  :)
More to come soon, all being well.
The Senegalese and a field gun are now underway...

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Your plastic redefinition and painting is brilliant as usual, but in the moment I‘m more interested in your progress of terrain. Do you have some new stuff? Maybe the first board of Tobruk?
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
I don't have a picture handy, but my Perry are by far my tallest historical figures. My Warlord are the shortest, with Wargames Factory and Old Glory in between.
Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Your plastic redefinition and painting is brilliant as usual, but in the moment I‘m more interested in your progress of terrain. Do you have some new stuff? Maybe the first board of Tobruk?

Thanks Dirk.
No. No more terrain works in progress at present - although I do have a spare foam board I need to decide what to do with...

I also noticed that the Rubicon UK store seemed to sell out instantly - fortunately Caliver Books Ebay store has them in stock (always found them a reliable seller)
ebay.co.uk/str/nannyogg999/Rubicon-Models/_i.html?_storecat=8449439012

Thanks again for the tip, Matt. Received from Caliver the next day! Excellent service (considering it's via eBay ::)).
It's another wonderfully crafted and versatile kit with absolutely oodles of options and useful extras (4 frames!) and another brilliant and generously provisioned decal sheet.
I already have a Blitzkrieg SdKfz 222 with 20mm cannon, so I'm going to make this one up as a SdKfz 223 with MG34 turret + frame antenna. Will suit my DAK collection very well.

I don't have a picture handy, but my Perry are by far my tallest historical figures. My Warlord are the shortest, with Wargames Factory and Old Glory in between.

Not sure if you're talking WW2, but the Perry plastic WW2 figures are a good head shorter than their own other 28mm plastics. The Perry WW2 metals are a bit more the usual size, but still a lot slimmer in stature.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.85 - AMC Schneider P16 +Vichy to date (11 Aug)
« Reply #1299 on: September 16, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
Vichy 75mm field gun and crew finished...

The sculpts of the crew figures are a bit ropey TBH - somewhat dashed off... Michael Perry at his French Impressionist best...  ::)

The gun is a nice piece though, although as Keith has previously pointed out, a bit vestigial in terms of details. But good enough for the wargames table.

Lift 1 of the Senegalese next up...

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Captain Blood's Western Desert: P.87 - Vichy 75mm gun added (16 September)
« Reply #1300 on: September 16, 2018, 12:45:17 PM »
That is delightful  8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1301 on: September 16, 2018, 01:55:08 PM »
Hmm, seeing more bad comments on Perry although I find their plakky ones fine. Bit concerned about the barrel of that supposed 75? Maybe the Rubicon one is more to scale?
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1302 on: September 16, 2018, 02:36:02 PM »
Lovely work Richard, can't wait to see the Senegalese

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1303 on: September 16, 2018, 02:38:29 PM »
Thanks Jeff  :)

Poiter50 - The Perry plastics are superb. I am a major supporter and advocate of all things Perry. For the most part, they're the best as far as I'm concerned.
But I'm afraid a few of the metal figures are sometimes a bit sketchily done - not helped by the oft-remarked poor quality of their contract casting.
Shame. And I am the last person to put people off buying Perry, because I think they're generally marvellous. But there it is...  :?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #1304 on: September 16, 2018, 03:53:14 PM »
Beautiful, Richard.

I always wondered what that klunky bit at the end of the barrels of 75s is. Anyone know?