Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Season 7 - Leaderboard  (Read 29452 times)

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Re: Season 7 - Leaderboard
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:47 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken about the way things are counted, I seem to have too high a score. It should be 303 and not 305.

Score after round 6 was 253. Draw (+ 20), vote points (+20 = max and 'new team bonus' (+10) should result in 303.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »
Good catch.

Have updated my worksheet to reflex the change.

Offline Old Coast

• Librarian
    • plastic legions
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »
A leader board appearance, thank you sir ;)

I don't know how in the hell I didnt notice my own guys on the round 3 leaderboard, but your comment made me go back and check them all out and there it was, so thanks Dr.M , and thanks Ray!  its cool the leaderboards are going up so blazingly fast this year.
Check out my adventures in lead and plastic http://plasticlegions.blogspot.com

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »
For the leaderboard header photo I pick whatever I fancy from the round. Thus, it has really no significance except as a small reminder of one of the competing entries. I do try to "spread the wealth" such that as many folks as possible get a chance to have their photo popped on the top of the leaderboard. In a number of cases there have been entries I would have loved to put on the leaderboard, but because of the composition of the photo, I just couldn't do it without spoiling the shot. For example, Chambersofminiatures has had some awesome entries but the only way I could spot light them would be to chop them up such as to do them a disservice.

As for the speed of doing the leaderboards... well this directly correlates to the fact that we have only 30 entries this year. It takes me roughly one hour per 10 contestants to do the leaderboard. The work is done completely manually. For example, simply setting up one person's worksheet for a single round requires 18 mouse clicks. Then I have to plug in the numbers and using a calculator, add up all the numbers. Thus, every now and then, I do make errors, and is why I encourage all members to verify their own scores.

So overall, if your photo doesn't make it to the leaderboard, I do apologize. It is, however, just a splash of color to liven up things and is of no importance to the competition.

And keep watch on your scores, I wish I could guarantee accuracy, but I can't.

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »
The work is done completely manually. For example, simply setting up one person's worksheet for a single round requires 18 mouse clicks. Then I have to plug in the numbers and using a calculator, add up all the numbers. Thus, every now and then, I do make errors, and is why I encourage all members to verify their own scores.
Do you use Excel or another program ? I would think that a fair bit of the manual work can be automated in excel. I've made a simple excel sheet that automatically calculates my score (yes I'm that nerdy). I just have to put in the result of the round and it automatically calculates points for votes, W/L/D and adding a 'new' check will take seconds.

Maybe this could be expanded (or maybe there are allready softwaretools available out there). I'll look into it.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »
An automatic, plug in the numbers and out pops the Leaderboard... the Holy Grail of the LPL.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »
Round 8 Leaderboard:

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
And as we turn into the final stretch... the Leaderboard after 9 rounds:

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
And with my personal congratulations to all participants in the Seventh Lead Painter's League, I present you with the final leaderboard:

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
Well done lads, I picked that top four at the beginning but I didn't guess the winners'd be so close.

Outstanding entries, glad I didn't enter, I would've got slaughtered  lol
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »
Well done and conratulations Matt, and very hard luck Patrick - sooooooo close. Congratulations to Michael and Guy too, for running the leaders so close. In fact, well done to all the participants in a really good LPL.

Thanks to Paul and Ray for running the show. Well done chaps.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
Congratulations to the Doc, what a final round.
 :o
And what a way to settle, what has been, an amazing competition all round.
 8)

Congratulations to all the entrants, there have been some brilliant and inspirational entries this year, with everyone contributing to a wonderful 10 weeks.
I had been really looking forward to each week's entries, wondering what you fellas would offer up each round.

Gotta find a new Sunday morning fix now....

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »

28th out of 3983 forum members... that's not too bad lol

EDIT: and of course, thanks to Paul and Ray for running this LPL
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:23:33 PM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »
Congratulations to the doctor for his repeat victory! I was trying to guess the points by looking at it early and was thinking it may come down to a single point. Either way, what a finish!

I had lots of fun all 10 rounds looking at the amazing entries. Thanks, everyone, but especially to Paul and Ray for doing the hard work of running this.

Same time next year....?

Mike Demana

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Thanks to the organizers, Overlord and Ray (and behind the scenes people) I appreciate the work you put into it.

As in other years, the top several people really could have been mixed around the final places and nothing would have been amiss. I have to admit going up against entries I really admire is pretty stressful and I was hoping for a tie, even in a case where I was leading early, more than once.

Good choice on the Leaderboard, I love Dolmot's Mars entry.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza