Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: EotD a Journey: Mr. Fright  (Read 17853 times)

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
EotD a Journey: Mr. Fright
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
I've owned EotD ever since it came out last year. Its a lovely game to play, but I've only played a few games when I first got the book and starter sets last April. But now I and my rather tiny gaming circle are on a big push to get stuck into a long running campaign. So this topic will be a WIP of our struggles. In addition to a standard campaign we hope to play a cooperative zombie scenario in the future. I purchased the west wind zombie boxed set of ten zombies, but I'll need 3 or 4 times that amount of zombies. As you can see I'm picking up Victorian-ish zombie where I can.
Yes the horrorclix zombie puppeteer. Have a closer look.

Obviously the zombie Sherlock and Dr. Watson will be added to the every growing zombie horde. I can't wait to get them.

I've created a blog http://fiendsinwaistcoats.blogspot.com/ where I've chronicled the progress I've made so far. You can find things my artifact markers there.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:51:06 AM by kidterminal »

Offline pagumb

• Assistant
Re: Empire of the Dead journey
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »
The campaign is a great idea and your zombie scenarios sounds like a real treat.  Any chance you could use the Hinterland zombies (scroll down a ways to see the zombie entry) in your hoard?  I'm pretty sure there a couple of threads around LAF where better hobbyists than I have zombied up models from different miniatures makers so they might give your ideas and/or sources for more zombies of certain air and sophistication.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 02:03:51 AM »
Nice blog.
There's some really cool stuff there.
 :-*

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:18:25 AM »
I have to say that the zombie scenario is inspired by the imaginings of another http://rotanddrivel.com/alchemist.html

I've seen the Hinterland zombies and I like them. I also plan on getting the malifaux mindless zombies.

Now when I got the book last year I rushed in and played a few games with a Nosferatu faction made of Reaper and GW models. I made these bats swarms from the old GW bat swarm blister.

Do you think I should put more bats on the base or is two enough?

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:03:02 AM »
Cool stuff. The Hinterland zomies are a good suggestion. Black Tree Designs have a pack of British soldier zombies somewhere (I guess in the Zulu Wars range). Or you could cobble some of those together from plastic Zulu war Brits and plastic zombies. Some of the old Westwind civilians from the gothic horror range can be made into more zombies with little effort too.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »
Great and very funny idea with the zombie puppeteer  lol

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »
Theres the 'Ken the Zombie' Partisan figure you could get as well. It does show up on ebay from time to time.

Offline Mingans Marauders

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:18:43 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing this project.

The idea of a zombie apoc during the Victorian time I feel would make a very fun game. Its something I've been working with and toying idea's around.

As mentioned above even though both are bad sets, the WF Zulu Brits and zombies combine make some fun models.  I'll try and get some pictures of my current ones later. Plus you can get both for under retail if you go though eBay. I'd really like to combine the Warlord/Empress brits with something like the Studio Miniature zombies(or even the Mantic) stuff, but I can't get myself to do that to those Brits.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »
What no advice on the bat swarms?

Well then on to zombies... Thank you all for the comments. Yes I agree the WF zombie kit is horrendous.
White Knight I do recall your zombiefied civilian conversions for SOTR.

I'm thinking I could convert some of these into zombie bobbies.

Its a crying shame that there aren't any zombie Victorian bobbies on the market at the moment.

FYI I've posted a quick tutorial of my down and dirty cobblestone bases on my blog.
http://fiendsinwaistcoats.blogspot.com

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 07:47:42 AM »
The bats look pretty good as two per base. For some reason it feels like if you had more it would look too crowded, even if a bat swarm looks like a black mass in reality.

I wonder if you could use the West Wind Bobbies as zombies? Just take a knife and dremel to them?

Here's a link to the zombies, they are still WIP

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/215288_596139933729937_279653031_n.jpg

With a Perry Sudan sgt.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/946139_596140090396588_1915581055_n.jpg

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 11:05:33 AM »
The bat swarms from Masquerade miniatures are nice too. Worth a look.
http://www.masq-mini.com/aid-230-Batswarm.html
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
The bats look pretty good as two per base. For some reason it feels like if you had more it would look too crowded, even if a bat swarm looks like a black mass in reality.
Thank you that was my first thoughts. Then I wondered if they need more.

I wonder if you could use the West Wind Bobbies as zombies? Just take a knife and dremel to them?

Here's a link to the zombies, they are still WIP

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/215288_596139933729937_279653031_n.jpg

With a Perry Sudan sgt.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/946139_596140090396588_1915581055_n.jpg
Are these plastic WF British and zombie parts?

@ muncehead they are nice, but this was a use what I have project. I'm motivating my self to paint backlog.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
Those of you who've read my blog have read my declaration to produce not one but 2 EotD boards! Crazy I know, but I'm happy to report progress on the game board front. The first London building!

A lowly boiler house. You can check out the declaration on my blog http://fiendsinwaistcoats.blogspot.com/

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »
Great start. I never would have thought to use the ventriloquist Z from horroclix as a victorian zombie. But now I will. :)
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 07:29:04 AM »
Yes they are. The nice thing are the pith helmets are slightly too big/zombie heads are small, so they fit over them well. I would suggest to get some loose arms(viking arms minus the chainmail should work, or even the WW2) from one of the eBay places that carry other WF stuff as the arms for the British are MASSIVE and 90% of the zombie ones are bareless.

The building is nice!