Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Ebor WSS greens by Paul Hicks  (Read 13468 times)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
Re: New Ebor WSS greens by Paul Hicks
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 10:57:13 PM »
Fantastic!

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »
 Hi Guy's here's a whisper on the GNW range, I will be running a Kickstarter to try and fund the Swedish army in one go as I have limited resources as a one man band so this is a good way to test the market for the figures.
Paul has produced a Swedish musketeer advancing and an officer to show the quality of the range, also Steve Dean as kindly agreed to paint the samples to show them at their best.
The target for the Kickstarter will be quite modest so I can produce a regiment of Swedish foot with stretch goals to produce the rest of the troop types for the army, I have already put a substantial amount of money into the sculpts and Russian dollies so that if the kickstarter succeeds then I will produce the Russian army out of my own pocket, any backers will receive the figures at a 10% discount to RRP.

hope you like. Cheers Nick

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
Very nice, although I won't be able to jump in. As I need to save my pennies for sculpting bills myself.  o_o

Some comparison photos with the Musketeer Miniatures GNW line and similiar ones wouldn't go amiss.  ;)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
Those look great! Wouldn't expect anything less though, I'm definitely in on this one!

When do you think the Kickstarter will start?

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »
The figures are slightly shorter and less bulky than musketeers GNW figures which are on the larger side of 28mm, I will post some comparison shots when I have the first castings, it will be a few weeks yet as I want to get some painted up by Steve which will show them at their best as Steve is awesome with a brush.
The retail price will be £1.10p a figure and £2.60p for mounted but for backers it will be £1 and £2.35p plus anybody who backs the range to a certain level will be able to purchase the Russians and Danes at the same price should the Kickstarter succeed.

cheers Nick

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »
I was not really up for another kickstart so soon(only just done the Studio Sikhs and will be supporting Mr Hick's foray into plastics for ProGloria), but this is too tempting not to, so see you over on the Kickstart pages in the near future.

Offline von Cyrillus

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
@Ebor,
I am in and I personnaly think Kickstarter is a good way to go. Also if may, you might need to update you blog more often, it keeps the interest growing...
Looking forward to your take on the Great Northern War.
Cyrille

Online M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
Count me in  :-*

Offline TheMarquis

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
Very excited about this! This is a period I've wanted to get into for a long time and a kickstarter for these great figures will be just the thing! Do keep us updated

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »
A small update from Nick posted on TMP.

The initial target will be £2,000.00 GBP to produce a set of Swedish infantry figures advancing including officers drummers sergeants musketeers and pike in tricorn's, stretch goals will then allow for casualties and mounted officers, cavalry then Artillery.
The RRP of the figures will be £1.10 GBPp for foot and £2.60 GBPp for mounted figures as they are for my WSS range, anybody backing the Kickstarter will get the figures for £1.00 GBP and £2.35 GBP for mounted, anybody backing the range to the Brigadier level of £72.00 GBP which will get you three regiments of 24 figures will receive a free mounted figure of King Charles if the Kickstarter is funded and also will be able to purchase future releases in the range including Russian and Danish figures at the same price plus a Free figure of Peter the Great if the range is funded up to producing the cavalry.
If the Range is funded we will Bring out the Russian and Danish figures our selves which will include Swedes and Russians in the Karpus headgear.
Cheers Nick

Too bad Swedes in Karpus won't be available through the Kickstarter  :(

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »
Point taken tomek917, Karpus were common among troops of both sides and for the cost of a few extra moulds it would add a lot of variety to both horse and foot.
While we are on the subject of headgear I would welcome input on Grenadiers, my own thoughts were to have Grenadiers in both mitres and tricorn, I did not intend to do Grenadiers in Karpus but maybe I should.

cheers Nick

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Point taken tomek917, Karpus were common among troops of both sides and for the cost of a few extra moulds it would add a lot of variety to both horse and foot.
It's not the end of the world, especially not if you are planning on releasing them later on, but certainly would be nice ;)

While we are on the subject of headgear I would welcome input on Grenadiers, my own thoughts were to have Grenadiers in both mitres and tricorn, I did not intend to do Grenadiers in Karpus but maybe I should.

cheers Nick

Grenadier headgear for the swedes is complicated, mainly because there are no certain answers.
Most grenadiers seems to have worn a tricorn, not the karpus, and there are no official regulations dating from the time that specify what other headgear they should have worn. Although some regiments seems to have had different types of mitres paid by the regiment commander. And probably designed by him too because they vary a lot in both shapes and colours  ;)

Anyway, that's the short and not very good answer  ;D

If you want to know more I recommend this site http://www.tacitus.nu/karoliner/grenadjarer/svenska.htm <-- that's a link directly to an article about grenadiers and their hats. Unfortunately in swedish, but Google Translate will fix that for you ;)

That site also linked to this russian blog which has a few posts about swedish grenadier caps http://rusmilhist.blogspot.se/search/label/Grenadiers

Offline TheMarquis

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
Fantastic, can't wait to see how this range progresses. Is it too early to ask what kinds of poses will be coming for the infantry and cavalry?

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
In keeping with the Swedes aggressive tactics the initial poses will be advancing/charging for both, I would like to make one of the stretch goals to have a storming party attacking palisades with ladders and grenades some foot figures with sword in one hand and musket in the other.

cheers Nick

Offline dallascowboy43

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »
Troops in Karpus would be a great variation.Whilst the idea of advancing/charging Swedes is great I wouldn't want a whole army of them so some march attack positions would be gratefully received.