Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Knuckleduster  (Read 2652 times)

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
Knuckleduster
« on: May 06, 2013, 04:27:55 AM »
This is where I'm going to be posting my Knuckleduster stuff. I'm terribly excited about getting into the Old West. It's my first historical period so it's a big deal for me. I will be including history in my posts as that is what has drawn me to the period.

Just  W.I.P. of the three figures in my Billiards Vignette

These will change a great deal as I apply washes and begin to layer in the highlights. I may free hand some striping on the bloke on the far rights shirt and do some embellishments on the red coat.

Please understand that I am new to this forum and may make mistakes in etiquette. These things take time and your patience is appreciated.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Knuckleduster
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:29:07 AM »
More than happy to have more faces in the special corner of LA which is the Old West forum.  Enjoy the addiction - the spittoon is located to your left.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
    • Black Swan Painting
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »
This looks like a fun bunch here Elbows. Now who's paying for the drinks 'round these parts?

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
This looks like a fun bunch here Elbows. Now who's paying for the drinks 'round these parts?

The one asking as is the customary thing to do ;)

Are you painting only for a vignette or will the vignette be used in Old West gaming as well?

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »
Please understand that I am new to this forum and may make mistakes in etiquette. These things take time and your patience is appreciated.

As far as etiquette goes, I believe we're a pretty easy-going bunch of madmen (and women... lol), everyone is encouraging and supportive, regardless of actual skills, which is pretty much all we're asking for. I believe anyone acting like they were the Dog's Dangly Bits here would soon be "called out"...  lol

And to second Elbows: Welcome to the addiction of the Old West!  :)
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
Nice colours. I may have to get these guys for my saloon, indeed a few of those vignette sets would go well in it. I look forward to seeing more of these guys as you paint them.

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »

If you have to ask it must be your round...
Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
    • Black Swan Painting
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 04:34:21 AM »
The one asking as is the customary thing to do ;)

Are you painting only for a vignette or will the vignette be used in Old West gaming as well?

My husband is quite ill and requires my full time care, so I'm unable to game. This will be for a vignette, but I do want to buy some buildings as well.

As far as etiquette goes, I believe we're a pretty easy-going bunch of madmen (and women... lol), everyone is encouraging and supportive, regardless of actual skills, which is pretty much all we're asking for. I believe anyone acting like they were the Dog's Dangly Bits here would soon be "called out"...  lol

And to second Elbows: Welcome to the addiction of the Old West!  :)

Thank you! I bought a pretty good sized load from Knuckleduster. Once I bought the first item, I couldn't stop myself. I bought the bank holdup scene and can't wait to do that one.

Nice colours. I may have to get these guys for my saloon, indeed a few of those vignette sets would go well in it. I look forward to seeing more of these guys as you paint them.

Knuckleduster has loads of charm. I'd like to buy some Ainsty as well.

If you have to ask it must be your round...

Bartender! Drinks are on me!

Offline Brian Smaller

• Mad Scientist
    • The Woolshed Wargamer
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »
Welcome. I have a lot of Knuckleduster Old West models - I really like them. My favourite is the dwarf in top hat with two six guns. A little fragile as he is standing on one leg but nothing a bit of drilling and pinning didn't fix.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 06:00:54 AM »
My husband is quite ill and requires my full time care, so I'm unable to game. This will be for a vignette, but I do want to buy some buildings as well.

Best wishes for you and your hubby.

Have you considered making some buildings by your own?