Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mars Attacks?  (Read 8191 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Mars Attacks?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
Artizan came close with their recent Special Service Force/ Devil's Brigade figures, if you can live with pistol holsters and shirt cuffs. Alas they are packaged so that there might be one or two figures in shirts in each pack with the others in various types of jacket, M-41 Parsons, tanker jackets etc. Puts me off buying them. Had they done a packet in shirtsleeves, another in jackets etc they would be far more tempting.

If you fancy a fair bit of filing and some fun with green stuff, then their US Infantry could be used. File off the gaiters, green stuff to extend the pants and you'd get a reasonable figure, many of the packs are in shirts. Lot of work if you are planning on a platoon's worth though.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
A while back, LAF regular Dags painted these from Brigade's AC57 Range.

The officer should have the Ridgeway (or 'Castro') cap, but otherwise these are pretty much spot on. Unfortunately these and a pack of NBC-hooded figures are it... no Browning machine guns, no Bazookas.

Atomic Cafe... now there was a range with potential...  :'(

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
Really love the Mars Attack style and very excited to hear about this project. I would prefer to see it in 28mm, since as others has pointed out, it is hard to see how you could do the iconic transparent domes in 15mm with any reasonable detail. However, 15mm is hardly a dead scale - tomorrow's war, rebel minis, GZG, Khurasan...etc. I will reserve judgement if it turns out to be 15mm..

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 10:45:02 AM »
cheers for the heads up on the uniforms. Looks like my ww2 guys will be perfect for surfa rosa if batistas boys were wearing the same thing.

Another question re uniforms. The ones in the pic above are all in a dark green but other pics I have seen they are in a yellow brown uniform and only the helmet is that colour. I personally like the ones above as it gives them more of an 'army man'* feel.

The 'Army Man' look is exactly it ... as this hound dog is modelling...

The green varies, depending on how many washes it has had and except when brand new, its various parts are never the same colour, especially when pants wear out quicker than field jackets and shirts. If you want to do a more exhaustive search for colours etc 'OG107 fatigues' is perhaps the most typical type of the pre-Vietnam era.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:52:28 AM by Arlequín »