Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:36:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 418
Total: 421

Recent

Poll

Here We Make Our Stand (Mike Demana) vs. Dystopian Legions Britanian Infantry (Thargor)

Here We Make Our Stand (Mike Demana)
117 (25.2%)
Dystopian Legions Britanian Infantry (Thargor)
347 (74.8%)

Total Members Voted: 448

Voting closed: May 26, 2013, 07:49:50 AM

Author Topic: Round 6 - Here We Make Our Stand vs. Dystopian Legions Britanian Infantry  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond

Offline ZuluPaul

• Librarian
Wow, another difficult choice!

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
first time, that I actually see someone painted the "new" dystopian war's "28ers" ... how "are" they? on the tactica they looked cool in tin, but ... are they cool to work with?

as for the last stand ... also very nicely done! It looks a bit like a last stand within "sleeping beauty"'s castle. ^^

best wishes
DK
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
Two stunning examples of good brushwork.

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Drachenklinge - the minis are really nice.  Clean, sharp casts with only a few mould lines (unfortunately these are most obvious on helmets where filing/scraping will also remove raised detail).  The metal does seem very "brittle" for want of another word.  I wouldn't want to have to re-shape anything that was really bent, a few mm is okay, but you can feel it almost breaking as you do it.  All of the tabs are too big for the slottabases (too long and too deep as well unless you add basing material before putting the figure in).  Good variety of poses in each box.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Speaking of metal, Thargor, excellent detail on the armor. Love it! Looks like you've got this match in hand, congrats!

Mike Demana

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Thanks Mike.  I have to say that I was surprised to see such a big difference in the votes.  I thought this one would be closer - still plenty of time though.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
I was surprised to see such a big difference in the votes.  I thought this one would be closer - still plenty of time though.

Nice of you to say that...thanks! I don't think Saxons are that exciting to some voters, though. Only one of my Saxon entries has won...all my other wins have been with my other stuff. I think if two entries are relatively even up, then the cooler looking figures usually win. No complaints, though. It is what I was painting and playing...so it is what gets entered...!  lol

Good luck in future rounds!

Mike Demana