Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Game of Thrones factions (updated 21/07/13)  (Read 18824 times)

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
Re: Game of Thrones factions
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »
Looking good!

I recognize Lem Lemoncloak, Beric and Edric Dayne. Do any of the other models represent named characters?

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
Hi,

Apart from the trio you mention (a bit of a 'giveaway' the yellow cloak!), I have not decided on the names of any other figures.

In my second batch, I have figures for Tom O'sevens (apart from I have not got a harp yet), Anguy the archer and I am working a Thoros but struggling at the moment with him.

Cheers

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »
Brilliant all of them this is getting good on the  forum now heheh

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
They look wonderful! I like the miniatures you chose, and your paintjob looks nice as well. I'm looking forward to seeing this project develop!
\\\"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon \\\'em.\\\"

-William Shakespeare

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
Hi,

I mainly (well exclusively at the moment) use Front Rank figures. You can buy them individually and are 'only' about £1-20 each.

I have the figures for 2 'regular' factions yet to paint:-

A Lannister force comprising of 8 mixed crossbows/spears, 4 Mounted Men At Arms, 8 of Gregor Clegane's followers and Jaime Lannister.

A 'Northern alliance' (for want of a better name) - 6 Stark mounted soldiers + Robb (& direwoof), 6 archers + the Greatjon and finally 6 infantry + Roose Bolton.

These retinues give me chance to do plenty of standards.

Additionally I want to convert figures for The Hound (one of my heroes), Jaqen H'ghar and (probably) The Mountain.

Cheers

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 08:57:19 AM »
Has anyone any ideas if anyone makes a 28mm 'clenched fist' (probably quite large) that I can use as a crest for Gregor Clegane's helmet?

Something similar to this (only perhaps a little larger)

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:03:57 AM by Silent bob »

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »
There was a Foundry feudal with a knight carrying a great helm with a hand and there was also one with a fist I think. 2 b honest a gauntleted hand from the sprue of a WOTR set would work just as well I'd have thought
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline **GS**

• Mad Scientist
  • never enough time
    • Spitl.de
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 12:37:03 PM »
Has anyone any ideas if anyone makes a 28mm 'clenched fist' (probably quite large) that I can use as a crest for Gregor Clegane's helmet? **snip**
Cheers

I suppose you should use a fist from a GW plastic sprue, cut it to fit and glue it onto the somehow flattened helmet. How about using an orcs fist. That will certainly be a little larger.

Greetings
GS
"You don't have enough magic in you to make cereals into breakfast!"Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »
I was thinking along the lines of a gw space marine or chaos warrior fist for when I get round to doing the Mountain - I'm intrigued as to what base miniature you're going to use! I had a look at some 40mm knights, but all the poses I found were a bit stale...

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
As yet, I haven't got a definate figure but I am hoping to go along to my local figure shop and have a look at their Reaper Miniatures range - the good ol' fashioned way - rooting thru blisters and boxes.

I'm going to take a 'rank and file' figure (Front Rank HYW/WotR) with me to compare with.

For the Mountain, I'm after a bulky figure - hopefully one of the following will be a starting point.

Cheers

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »
Ooh, that chap on the bottom right looks like a suitable beast! I miss the days of having a FLGS and being able to look at miniatures 'in the flesh' rather than having to order them and hope for the best...

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
Ooh, that chap on the bottom right looks like a suitable beast!
My thoughts exactly! That figure does have the same bulky, powerful look as the Mountain does in the way I imagine him.

...being able to look at miniatures 'in the flesh' rather than having to order them and hope for the best...
True. Some projects require conversions, and unfortunately with internet stores it isn't possible anymore to compare the miniatures next to each other to see if they scale up all right. I have ordered miniatures in the past with the idea of using bits of them together to make a conversion, but some of those figures have proved completely useless, since they were too small in comparison to the other parts.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your project develop, Silent Bob!

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 12:34:47 AM »
These look excellent! I'm about to embark on a similar project, just as soon as the minis actually get delivered!

Offline Limaike

• Librarian
    • Trollwood
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
Whiteknight miniatures does some very nice feudal crests/insignia etc. There's a mailed fist on the end of a lance here:

They have cool dragon's head and boar's head crests too.

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »
All being well in the next couple of days, I should be able to put some (sketchy) photos of my Lannisters (with contingents of The Mountains men, Amory Lorch's troops and a Jaime), the completion of the 'rank & file' for the Brotherhood without Banners and my Sandor Clegane effort, on the thread.

Just got to finish the basing.....