Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686613
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I am looking for Korean War in 28  (Read 29728 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: I am looking for Korean War in 28
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2018, 03:10:23 AM »
News! The folks at warlord games are makeing a Korean war supplement, along with Chinese troops. I hope they are are decent, and should come out next year.
I asked about South and North Korean troops being made and was given a wink and a can't talk about that now.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2018, 06:53:39 AM »
Great! Maybe.  :?

I have mixed feelings about Warlord and how they try to make something 'cool'. Add-in their poor record for sculpting non-caucasians and indeed some caucasians and it might not necessarily be a good thing.

On the plus side the vehicles will be good.   :) 

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2018, 07:06:20 AM »
Yeah same here. They really pick some piss poor sculptors. Better then me mind you. But nothing I would want to spend money on lol.
But I am applying the "if they build it, they will come." When it comes to eras.
By creating a market for the Korean war, more companies will jump on.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2018, 07:22:20 AM »
You're right, 'BA: Korea' can't be anything but good for the era. :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2018, 10:14:48 AM »
Yep, and I am going to try to be an optimus. And fingers crossed that they do a good job of it.  :D

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2018, 11:12:06 AM »
I hope they come up with something decent and to be fair some of their recent releases haven’t been too bad, the greatcoated Germans seem to be quite good judging by the thread on here but Voldemort’s research is generally quite poor.

Adding to the sculpting woes of gurning faces and odd proportions there now seems to be a range of sculptors who sculpt in wildly different sizes. The recent Australians are absolutely enormous.

I half suspect they’ll rehash WW2 Soviets and maybe add some new heads.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2018, 05:29:46 PM »
I think they just got confused by the "6 foot four and full of muscles" line while consulting their primary source material for Australians.

;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2018, 08:05:51 PM »
Makes perfect sense, especially in light of the fact that the singer is Scottish. lol

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »
Ideally they'll forgo a plastic kit and just go for pewter infantry. Not ideal if you want tonnes of troops and don't want to fork out the cash, but those Warlord plastics have just awful proportions (Games Workshop bad). I'd prefer more stuff like those Australians, if only because the heads don't look so huge when on taller bodies. Though I doubt they'll ever go the Perry route of more reasonably sized 28mms.

If they're doing Koreans I wonder if that's in part a reason to also be covering their Konflikt 47 line? I was told that they were working on a Centurion years ago for instance. Though I doubt they're doing much in the ways of realistic stuff for that alt history setting (their tanks so far have been awful). I wouldn't mind seeing their Soviet arsenal being expanded to cover more Cold War stuff, or rather the gaps in their line, as that would cover other conflicts as well better than some of the WWII weaponry in use. Of course with non-Soviet crews. 1/56th tanks may be stretching their marketability if they don't want to fully commit unfortunately, and if they do go ahead with the concept I'd suspect that they'd do a handful of Korean War specific vehicles and leave us to cannibalise the WWII range for the rest.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2018, 10:19:36 PM »
Yes the new Australian line looks like a bunch of gumbees. I would rather just convert the chindits and a set of their plastics then use em. Of course Eureka' s ones are not to bad.
I would love it if they could do a decent line of metals "like Empress" but I am afraid they will suffer from the wierd stances that many of their newer metals suffer from. And dont get me started on the inconsistent weapon sizes. :p
Rant aside if they do it right, I could deal with Chinese and Korean plastics. :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
And it would be nice if they did do the 1950s vehicles also.  :D
I mean if they can make spider panzers, then why not a Centurion or some of the odd proto APC's that were experimented with.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2018, 01:20:19 AM »
Not sure there's much in the way of 1950s vehicles required for Korea, it's pretty much all WW2 surplus. Appropriate Shermans, Chaffees, T-34s,  Churchills, Centurions, M26 and M46 are all already available from a variety of makers and some of those are far better models than Warlord are ever likely to make*. About the only thing you might consider would be an M39 carrier and that could be converted without too much bother from the Warlord/Italeri M18 Hellcat kit, that and a Windor carrier for the Brits and IIRC Rich Humble was looking at making one. In fact I more than suspect that the whole rationale for Korea is to get extra life out of their existing WW2 models and miniatures. Expect to see their Winter US Army re-packaged in the future. ;)

Everything about the Warlord Australians is big. They have Owen guns the size of drainpipes. Fortunately, they are an irrelevance as there is a vastly superior and more accurate range available from Eureka. Speaking of which, if you were to cover up most of the US style gaiters with green stuff, would make serviceable Australians for the warmer months in Korea. The Glosters at Imjin attracts most of the attention around Commonwealth participation but 3 RAR at Kapyong is an equally interesting and epic struggle.

*M4A3E8: Rubicon, Company B, JTFM.
Chaffee: Company B
T-34/85: Rubicon
M26: Company B, JTFM
Centurion: JTFM and also Blitzkreig with a barrel swap.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2018, 01:30:03 AM »
Agreed, I still have my warlord plastics Pacific war U.S. Army useing USMC, but with uncovered M1 helmets.
Debating weather I should try to give them buckle boots to work for the summer of 1950 and 51.
Becase you know they are going to flog their current crop of us troops with out 43 pattern uniforms as Korean war troops.  lol
I mean why not? Bolt action isn't about history, it's about point driven tournament games.
Well seems I need to get to converting my Joe's then, I was planning on useing them for late Philippians, Okinawa anyways.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2018, 01:34:04 AM »
I have seen a few docs about Kapyong. One hard fought engagement.
Same with the last stand of the Glosters. Honinstly every nation involved has at least one storied assault and defense to Bragg about in the Korean conflict.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2018, 05:39:24 AM »
The lack of any armour for the NK/Chi-com forces after the first few months or so might limit the appeal, unless you do go for the 'what-if' factor. In this case it would be "what if the UN hadn't got overwhelming air power". 

Call me 'glass half-empty' but I do envision a rash of inappropriate 'use as' options, rather than 'new stuff'.