Forum > Age of Myths, Gods and Empires

Ancients Painting Club (completed)

(1/90) > >>

Prof.Witchheimer:
Welcome to the Ancients Painting Club (APC)!

Well, today we're going to try something new. I’m on vacation this week, so it looks like I just have too much time right now, but never mind. While painting up a few Romans the other day I was pondering how to post them to the forum. Starting a thread for the odd 2 or 3 figures doesn't make that much sense to me. But then I hit upon the idea of doing a common thread on the Ancients board!

It's actually quite simple: this thread is about painting a 100 miniatures. Ancients stuff only, of course. Every member of this forum is invited to post photos of his/her painted miniatures here. As soon as we'll surpass that “a hundred" limit, the game's over, we will celebrate, sing and dance and all that.

Some simple rules for this:
•   Like said, it’s about painting miniatures which cover the Ancients period. Also mythological stuff like the Argonauts or similar topics are allowed.
•   You may post only one miniature each day. And only one, not a few or a lot. We don’t want to get to "game over" too soon. (That said, several shots from different angles are acceptable, of course.)
•   Once entered, you don’t have to post every day. It’s perfectly sufficient to post just one single miniature at all in order to take part in the game and to become a member of our shiny Ancients Painting Club.
•   This is not about showing your collection of already painted stuff, so please do post only newly painted miniatures. We’re not in a hurry, so take your time.
•   If you want to present miniatures which are to be based in groups, it's fine to post them one by one without a finished base. A concluding picture of the final result would be nice, though.

And that’s all, now get painting!

The Illustrious Members of the APC:

Admiral Benbow
airbornegrove26
Blackwolf
Bugsda
Captain Blood
einarolafson
eluczaj
Figouze
gamer Mac
Hammers
imurdentist
jimbibbly
Kugelfang
LeadAsbestos
Lt. Hazel
Mad Doc Morris
Michi
moiterei_1984
myincubliss
OLeary
orctrader
Plynkes
Prof.Witchheimer
Ragnar
redzed
sebastosfig
Svennn
syrinx0
Turbo-Ben

See all the entries in the
Ancients Painting Club – Hall of Fame

Prof.Witchheimer:
And here comes my first entry, it just had to be one of the figures from one of my favorite ranges – Foundry Caesarian Romans made by Mark Copplestone.  It’s a Roman tribune - Tribunus militum. For some reason he reminds me of these Asterix Romans :)

Entry Nr. 1 (Roman Tribune)

And now I have to varnish my tomorrow's entry!

Michi:
Tempting!

OSHIROmodels:
I'm in  :D

A very good reason to get our gladiator project going. I won't post him for a few days yet. He's not quite finished.

cheers

James

Malamute:

--- Quote from: jimbibbly on May 23, 2013, 02:42:42 PM ---I'm in  :D

A very good reason to get our gladiator project going. I won't post him for a few days yet. He's not quite finished.

cheers

James

--- End quote ---

Here, here, I had just put the gladiators on the back burner in favour of Robin Hood. So will drag them out of the box again lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version