Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BAM's Bronekater  (Read 2403 times)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
BAM's Bronekater
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:08:21 PM »
Has anyone seen this boat 'in the flesh' yet? I love the look of it and it doesn't appear to be too expensive (at least until Customs gets hold of it!).  Would also love to get MIG Productions' 1/35 version but at nearly 400 Euros, I don't forsee it in my lifetime!

Cheers,
Mike
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
BAM's Bronekater
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
Yes, I admired it at last year´s Crisis. It´s a very nice model, but I have to say that I only saw the finished display model (known from their website), so I cannot say how the original casting works out. Up until now, however, I´ve never been disappointed with BAM, so I guess the Bronekater is fair game as well. The proportions looked very good and it strikes a good compromise between being true scale and being a game piece.

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
BAM's Bronekater
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »
Sorry! In case anybody's wondering what the heck I'm talking about, here's the picture link I forgot in my first post.  :oops:

Caution! Big picture!

http://www.boltactionminiatures.co.uk/photos/bronkater004.jpg

Cheers,
Mike

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
BAM's Bronekater
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »
That is VERY nice. Want, want....  :o  :love:

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
BAM's Bronekater
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
It's a beauty and builds really easily. Simon is a bit of a whizz with the resin so the casting is nice and crisp (warp free too).
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
BAM's Bronekater
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »
I've just received my Bronekater. Its a lovely model and the resin hull is flat and very cleanly cast. The bottom will require a little sanding, but thats okay.

All the metal and resin bits come in a small box and some of the resin will require a little sanding. There are also chains,string representing the railing,three small mg turrets, an armoured bridge and T34 turret. Lots of metal parts in a bag and included with the model an instuction diagram.

A worthy model and a good price. This boat is to support my Soviet marines when landing against the Finns.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
BAM's Bronekater
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »
Last weekend it was used in a pulp participation game on MurphyMania in Delft (Holland). If I remember correctly the same game was also on Crisis 07. (There is a picture with some Pulp Miniatures miniatures on its decks)

http://www.murphysheroes.nl/murphymania/mm08bigb.html

It was a very exiting game were Biggles, Algy, Bertie and Ginger had to destroy a secret german base (complete with a Natter launch tower). Unfortunately I haven't played but enjoyed watching it.

DJ