Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:32:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689498
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 570
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Incursion heading for a re-release!  (Read 24198 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Incursion heading for a re-release!
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »
Nazi zombies and werewolves led by demented and scantly clad gals fighting heavily armored US soldiers who are wielding heavy machineguns and blowing bubbles with chewing gum? Yep that's Incursion in a nutshell. The game which have been in hiatus over the past year is heading for a re-release and update. Jim Bailey is back at the helm and intends to breathe life into the game once again.

Here's the message from Jim on the Grindhouse Games Facebook page:

"Okay, let's open it up. Let's just kick the door down and get right into it, shall we? John Roberts and I are heading up a re-release of Incursion. Yeah, it's gonna be a Kickstarter. Cat's out of the bag now! If only I had that tool when I first set out to do this thing.. The game maintains a stratospheric 8 out of 10 on Board Game Geek and has a die-hard fanbase. Why? It's a damned good game and it's authentic. Don't take my word. Go read all the reviews, Go see what folks like Michael Barnes and Superfly Pete at Fortress Ameritrash have to say about it. Go see what Anatoli has to say about it. Go to the Grindhouse forums and read about it.

Though a world-class cast of artists and designers participated throughout two print runs and the SNAFU expansion, this was all funded initially by the sale of my golden-age comic book collection and thousands of wargaming figs I had painted. Now that we have Kickstarter, we can finally knock this deal up into the clouds where it belongs and shank evil monopoly big distribution at the same time.

Plastic: the holy grail. It's what we always wanted to do. Just never had the hundred grand up front we needed. Yeah, lots of boardgamers bought the game and played with cardboard standups and LOVED IT. Lots of miniature lovers bought the metal because it's heavy, hard, and beautiful and built their own 3d boards. We're going to keep/expand the metal line but also convert everything to boardgamer-friendly and horde-builder plastic. We have new missions, new models, and all sorts of other stuff planned. Metalheads and previous purchasers rejoice: we will craft the Kickstarter such that you can get ONLY the new stuff if you wish, and/or just go whole-hog and gorge yourself on plastic.

Though the game is a re-release with lots of new add-ons, upgraded components, MUCH higher quality print stock ,new art, and PLASTIC, getting to Kickstarter is still unfortunately a couple of months away. It's alot of work to plan and execute "one of the big ones". I hope you will join us for the ride.

Jim Bailey

Oh, here's Rosie

"

I think this is a great opportunity and look forward to see what Grindhouse comes up with for their future Kickstarter campaign. You can follow the news and updates on their Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grindhouse-Games/139536469402885

If you are a against using that site you can always follow the main news andupdates which will be shared on my blog.

Make sure to check out the Incursion related battle reports and reviews on my blog ( http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/search/label/Incursion ) to learn more about the game!

Or jump straight into this two part AAR written and compiled as a comic (yes I'm quite happy with the result of this experiment)

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2011/12/incursion-zombie-country-part-1-aar.html

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2011/12/incursion-zombie-country-part-2-aar.html

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
Re: Incursion heading for a re-release!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
Sounds interesting even though I never dipped into Incursion the first time found (even though we play SOTR), speaking of which will this new release tie in to SOTR in any way as it's set in the same universe is it not and they share miniatures?

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »
They share the universe but are developed by two different companies. West Wind does Secrets of the third Reich and will have a Kickstarter of their own later this year for a version 2 of the rules, while Grindhouse Games has always done Incursion.

The rules for SoTR were written with the help of Jim and John Bailey who are the guys behind Grindhouse Games but they have since moved on to other things and at the moment Jim is keeping to Incursion while SoTR is being developed by John Roberts and a couple of other guys along with Andy Cooper over at West Wind.

If we go by how things have worked in the past, then whatever is released for Incursion will most likely end up having rules to be used in SoTR as well.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 05:14:34 PM »
Really pleased to see Incursion getting a re-boot, loved the game & eagerly await new scenarios & units. I'm curious to see what the plastics turn out like, as I never bought the US minis for the game, (I play British & Germans in SotTR & lovely as they are, didn't want to start a US force) but if there's a pledge level that covers them (& perhaps one for a second board) I could be persuaded to unchain the wallet & distract the budget monster.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »
I'll keep my eye on this then if the units will possibly make an appearance in SOTR as I'll pick up the Germans.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:33:59 AM »
This year just keeps getting better and better!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
Nice to see what Jim comes up with.  Not spoke with him for ages. Probably the best way for Grindhouse to go being honest.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
New Panzeraffe sketch in color!

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 12:31:31 PM »
Nice. Hopefully the entire SOTR range goes plastic.

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 01:59:13 AM »
Another pic and a start date: we're shooting for August first

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »
Sounds interesting!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
Thanks Superfly! We still have thet link on our FB page.

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »
Think I will be backing this, brilliant game.

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 01:58:42 AM »
Taking suggestions concerning box art (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Grindhouse-Games/139536469402885?hc_location=stream). Jump on over and make yourself heard!