Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars X-wing: A-wing expansion pack  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Star Wars X-wing: A-wing expansion pack
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »
My favorite among the currently released Rebel ship is the A-wing. It very similar to the Tie fighter and Tie interceptor but with shields and it can carry missiles for added offensive capabilities.

Like the X-wing and the Tie interceptor the A-wing blister comes with two sheets of cardboard tokens and the usual array of Pilot cards and stuff to enhance your ship with.

The problem with the A-wing imo is the somewhat crappy deal on Pilots you get in the blister, the only cards that are decent or good  are named pilots of which you can only have one in your entire force. The other two pilot cards have horrible pilot skill and will loose much of their potential against even average Imperial pilots.

Still, the fighter is very cool, and the rules for the ship itself make it an enjoyable and worthwhile addition.

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2013/06/star-wars-x-wing-wing-expansion-pack.html

Offline AndyW

• Librarian
Re: Star Wars X-wing: A-wing expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
Played a game with one of those used the other week, wasn't a bad game and it handles better then an x-wing, although it was still a hard fought game against Slave 1
OK, one last time. These are small... but the ones out there are far away. Small... far away... ah forget it!

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »
Haven't played X-Wing, though it sucks the pilots (other then the named ones) that come with the A-Wing aren't that great. Especially considering in the Star Wars universe weren't the A-Wings piloted by top notch elite pilots due to the skill needed to operate one since the A-Wing didn't have an Astromech to help control the various systems.

While not a huge Star Wars fan, the A-Wing has always been my favorite of the Rebel Fighters. Matter of fact I bought a set of the Studio Bergstromn Fleet Scale (Not A-Wing) Alpha Fighters for use as a fighter squadron for my primary faction in 5150: Star Navy.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »
I've always been a huge fan of Y-Wing...I mean since childhood...lol.  Only as a teen did I realize it was a slow, crappy bomber.  :-[

Also a huge fan of B-Wing.  The A-Wing and X-Wing never did anything for me. Big fan of the run of the mill TIE Fighter too - not too keen on the super models though.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:26:21 PM »
You and me Scurv...let's start the resistance with a fleet of em!  lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 04:41:24 AM »
Precisely.  The underdog story is always far more intriguing than a powerful all-conquering force.  Then again, I run a blog on how to modernize the AK rifle for modern warfighters and law enforcement... lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
See...the force is strong with you.  I like small groups of poorly equipped rebels...but at the same time I like small professional forces outnumbered by masses of ill equipped rebels too (ala Rorke's Drift, Boxer Rebellion etc.).

I really like grungy, technical sci-fi stuff.  I think it's one of the things which I love about the original Star Wars (and hate about the prequels).  In a world where space travel exists and is common, I just believe that you'd be 10x more likely to find this:

than this...

One looks like a utilitarian work horse, while the other looks like a kid's drawing.