Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:16:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: „It’s alive!“ - The LAF Sanctioned Threadomancy Project - Rules  (Read 12599 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
„It’s alive!“

The LAF Sanctioned Threadomancy Project

In the halls of the LAF, countless projects have been created, and untold numbers of those banished to the lightless vaults of the double-digit board pages when creativity or interest in them waned.

2015, however, is the year when the stars are right to bring these projects back to life, and, hopefully, see them to their intended conclusion. For this reason, we have decided to open the “It’s Alive!” Painting Club.

In several ways, the IAPC is a departure from the usual painting clubs. First, it is not restricted to a single theme, like the board-specific painting clubs. We have created a child board on the Workbench where folks may register an old thread of theirs which they want to revive and to complete the project it set out to cover back in the mists of time.

Second, it will run concurrently to future instalments of the regular “100 Minis Painting Clubs”, the "Build Something Club" and the 2015 season of the Lead Painters’ League. People will be allowed to post entries in these clubs first, then integrate them into the revived IAPC thread, where these entries will count as new contributions.
Third, it will run over a period of six months, starting January 2, 2015 and terminating June 30, 2015.

Participating LAF members who meet the Club’s criteria will receive a special IAPC badge as described below to be added to their signatures, similar to the regular painting club badges.

Let’s take a look at the rules now, shall we?

Who may enter?
Any registered member of the LAF may submit a single thread which they opened. This thread must not have been updated in at least a year and may not have been "completed", i.e. is an "unfinished project".

What are the tasks?
Each participant pledges to add new entries to their thread to continue and, hopefully, complete the project described in the thread. You may submit as many or as few new entries as you like, and you may present a detailed plan of what you want to do or have a general outline.

What counts as an update?
Basically, anything that is obviously or demonstrably related to the project and continues the theme of the original thread. This includes miniatures, vehicles, terrain pieces etc. pp. – basically, whatever is appropriate to the project in question. All items must be finished, which includes the full paintjob and a completed base.

Note that the focus is on the PROJECT, not necessarily a single ARMY or FACTION. So if your project features several factions, such as a fantasy warbands project, any entry that fits into a faction or into the project as a whole is perfectly fine.

As with the other painting clubs, all scoring entries MUST be “new” in that they were started on or after January 1, 2015. Since we do not have the means to validate this, it is a duty of honour for participants not to violate this rule by entering old finished stuff which just hasn’t been shown as part of the project yet. We won't impose sanctions, but anybody violating this simple rule should sit in the corner and be a bit ashamed. ;)

Where does the Club meet?
We have created a new child board, subordinate to the Workbench board. In this board, there is a “Master Thread” that presents a summary of the participating threads and their respective projects. The threads will be moved, for the duration of the IAPC, to this child board to avoid lengthy link-placing sessions and receive an (IAPC) tag to identify them in the search results. Every participant is required to “register” by posting to the master thread, whereupon the IAPC organisers will add him or her to the participant roll. Participants may then use their post in the master thread to summarise updates (preferably including direct links, especially for long threads counting 10+ pages) and the current state of their project.

What are the rewards?
The key idea of the IAPC is to take those projects which, due to lack of interest, funds, or other real-life constraints have languished incomplete for years, and, if possible, take them to the intended finish. Participants may, however, claim a special badge which they may display in their signature.

Once you pledge to commit yourself to the resurrection of an old thread of yours, you may claim the Pledged Badge. At the end of the period, any participant who met their declared aims in the shape of painted miniatures, finished terrain pieces, or other items related to his or her project, may claim the Finished Badge to replace the Pledged Badge. The badges do not entail any special privileges except bragging rights.

The Finished Badge will be revealed at some point later, as soon as we have the first finished project.

At this point the participants may add the Pledged Badge to their signature by using the code below:

Code: [Select]
[img width=50 height=50]http://leadadventureforum.com/gallery/20/3_02_01_15_6_35_34.jpg[/img]
Now let's look for an old and dusty thread!

P.S: my special thanks to Westfalia Chris for the editing of the rules :)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: „It’s alive!“ - Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:27:54 AM »
Nice to see that the Prof is the only one brave enough to take on the pledge badge... :P
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:47:48 AM »
Nice to see that the Prof is the only one brave enough to take on the pledge badge... :P

Done! Challenge accepted!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: „It’s alive!“ - The LAF Sanctioned Threadomancy Project - Rules
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »
I shall pick up the gauntlet.. if I can find it, that is...   ;D

Drok knows, I've plenty of old dormant projects   lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »

Not any more  ;D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 12:10:03 AM »
I have found my unfinished VSF Cannibals project. I'll find the thread and everything next time I am on the computer instead of this stupid tablet.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 12:29:54 AM »
I have found my unfinished VSF Cannibals project. I'll find the thread and everything next time I am on the computer instead of this stupid tablet.

Thread arrived, looking forward to your cannibals, they will be something interesting to watch for sure :)