Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: City Grounds (mordheim esque semi role playing rules) now available and FREE  (Read 2320 times)

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
Over at Easy Painter we have just released the free play-test version of a game we have been working on for entirely non-profit reasons, so that we can play mordheim esque games with a hint of roleplaying, spontaneity and excitement.
Check out the download (PDF) on my blog here

http://www.ezpainter.co.uk/1/post/2013/06/city-grounds-20-playtest-version-now-available-free.html

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED. ITS ONLY A SHORT RULE SET AND AN ENTIRE READING IS RECOMENDED BEFORE C&C.

Kind Regards. and have fun brawling in the city boys/
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
I've downloaded it and will give it a read, and if time allows then maybe a test too.
Duncan

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
I've just had a read and I have to say I really like it. The various difficulty scores for actions is a nice mechanic I haven't seen used like this before, and creating characters/point costs are exceedingly simple. The initiative turnover could make for some interesting games if a player is lucky enough to win the roll after he just ended his turn. This looks like a great basis upon which gaming groups could build deeper, original and individualised fluff, mechanics and systems.
Nicely done, mate.

I'll give it a play-test next time my gaming group is over (aka, my brother  lol. No one else here games).

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
thanks man, quite a bit of thought has gone into it. this really is a game you PLAY WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY! if you go about playing this with strangers i imagine arguments would spout very soon as people created their own moves and activation scores, hence the idea being that you are meant to be of fair judgement, and that way, you can do ANYTHING YOU LIKE! if you try to stop the other player at every junction a few things happen
1. A VERY SLOW GAME
2. TOO MUCH TALKING
3. THEY ARE ONLY GOING TO DO IT TO YOU IN A FEW TURNS, SO BE FAIR TO THEM, AND THEY'LL BE FAIR TO YOU

A NOTE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY TEST
If you playtest the RANDOM EVENTS table has not been written officially yet. The table will go on to include random animosity and leadership events, as well as courage fails and clumsiness. Each random event will be unique hopefully, as are the actions.

Regards
TW

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
FURTHER NOTE

if anyone would liek to take a whack at some more actions - please just post them here. the idea of this game is that anything can be done from cliff diving an enemy to giving a great big black orc, a great big wedgy! an example of a SILLY action might include

Eye Stab - (unarmed/ +3 to activate) +1 modifier, CLOSE RANGE (one inch)

AN EXAMPLE OF A SERIOUS ACTION

Flank Tackle - (unarmed/ 5+ to activate) +2, must follow run action (4+) - Victim Falls 1"(one inch) direction from tackle.

hope this peaks your interest guys

LET ME KNOW YOUR ACTION IDEAS?

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
I'll give it a shot.  :)

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
a few updates pending following yesterdays game

1. in close combat the SECOND rolls (victim rolling against AC) has been dropped. it seemed that follwing the previous rolls in combat there was just too much chance to defend an attack as opposed to inflicting damage. combat is a lot more streamlined now.

2. a Jump 1"/2"/3" height rule has been added, the rules match jumping gaps. this is great for those times where you cannot wall run or vault onto your platform.

3. fall damage rules are in development, any ideas would be apreciated. so far i think it should just count as a +number of inches fallen and 1D6 VS victims  AC+DEF+1d6, the same as a usual save?

other things have been noted, but are less significant to playtesters.

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
wound values also have to assigned at the moment. the way i am doing it 2 wnds for all regulars, 3 for a boss and 3 for a monster, 4 for a giant

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
I'll take a look at it.
Far less active than I used to...