Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kali Living Statue Suggestions  (Read 6648 times)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
Kali Living Statue Suggestions
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:46:18 AM »
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any suggestions for a living Kali(ish) statue suitable for 28mm?

I'm thinking the kind Sinbad fights in the Golden Voyage movie. I really like the Mega Minis Arabian God, sadly, the postage to the UK is over double the cost of the mini and I can't find it in the UK. :(

Thanks

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Kali Living Statue Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »
I know that there is a Heroclix (or similar) model of a sword wielding, multi-armed female. I just can't find an image at the moment.

Tony

Offline julesav

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »
How about this:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Darkspawn/latest/14474

She's a 'not-Marilith' figure - I expect there are other similar models available!

Cheers

Jules
"Some scientists say that humans exhibit a behavior called neophilia, which is a preference for new objects. It’s why we like shiny new things."

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »

Ah cool. I didn't know Heroclix did something along those lines. I'll have to search it out. In the past, they've painted up nicely.

That's an awesome miniature, definitely usable in my 7th Voyage project, but a the snake body isn't quite what I'm after. If i can find some suitable legs, I might try a conversion. (That being said, that method might end up being fairly costly)

Thanks for the replies, any other ideas, please keep them coming :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:55:19 AM by gmanrocks »

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
Check out the Arabian Knights range from Mega Miniatures. Before the moulds are all sold off...

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »

I really like that miniature, but as i mentioned above, the postage is more than double than the miniature...It is available in the UK as a set for £15 (£17.50 inc p&p) Although most of the other minis don't interest me. If I'm honest, I may end up ordering from Mega Miniatures just for that one...It is very nice!  :D

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
For anyone who is also looking for a similar model, I've spotted this GWAR miniature. It's kinda cool but I'm not a massive fan of the comical guy it's standing on. Also, looks like it'd be a pain to keep on its base as it doesnt seem to have a slotta base tag.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Postage for a single miniature is never going to be less than the cost of the miniature unless you are buying some sort of "specialty" miniature!

(Apologies for not reading your post fully.)

With Mega miniatures closing those moulds are for sale. You can wait and hope someone in the UK picks up the mould, but then who is to say *their* figure price will be the same as Mega minaitures!

Looking at those moulds that have been sold and the new prices, they sometimes increase the figure price...

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 09:09:31 PM »
Postage for a single miniature is never going to be less than the cost of the miniature unless you are buying some sort of "specialty" miniature!

(Apologies for not reading your post fully.)

With Mega miniatures closing those moulds are for sale. You can wait and hope someone in the UK picks up the mould, but then who is to say *their* figure price will be the same as Mega minaitures!

Looking at those moulds that have been sold and the new prices, they sometimes increase the figure price...

Yeah, I know postage is always gonna be a bit steep. I was searching the store for anything else I could use to justify it, but £10 plus the price of the mini is just a bit too much for the budget I'm on at the moment. Maybe after I get my bills out of the way next month I can grab it, it's really nice. It's been on my wanted thread for a few days.  :)

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 12:52:06 AM »
I've been looking myself.
Here is a less expensive one from Reaper I'd been considering for conversion:
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/demon%20female/sku-down/02633

If you can wait, Reaper Bones Kickstarter should have this available soon which in plastic should be easier to convert:
http://www.reapermini.com/misc/KS_BedevilledReward.jpg

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:45 AM »
Try the World Eater from Dreamblade - OOP, but not too hard to find.

"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 02:42:32 AM »
Several on Ebay.

Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 08:40:57 AM »
If you can wait, Reaper Bones Kickstarter should have this available soon which in plastic should be easier to convert:
http://www.reapermini.com/misc/KS_BedevilledReward.jpg

I'm certainly keeping my eye on the bones line, as I'm waiting for one of their Genie miniatures to go into this range :)

My friend told me about that. He said there's a local game store that has a bunch of Dreamblade stuff for £2 each, including that, but didn't know how big they were. For £2 I might grab it while I'm getting supplies tomorrow, if it's too big, it'll make a nice terrain piece  :D

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »
The base is 1 1/2" wide - figure stands about 3" tall.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
I got this one from the Dreamblade (or similar title, sorry, can't think!) plastics......hopefully someone will recognise the name and correct me! I cut off the plastic weapons and substituted steel spears as it was too bendy otherwise. I'll finish it one day  lol