Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gandalf's thread of stuff - aSoIaF kitbashes, Oathmark etc.  (Read 46831 times)

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
Re: Human Medieval Fantasy/aSoIaF Army
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2019, 01:05:58 PM »
Im working on some Oathmark miniatures.

In the first picture you can see the humans. I already built a bunch of fighters and archers, and these are the first few that are getting finished. I'm still deciding on how to do the shields. The guy in the foreground is a pathfinder/tracker/ranger built with a Frostgrave body. I have a few more of these guys in the pipeline as well.

Second picture is showing mainly the Oathmark Goblins. I have painted 25 out of 30 so far. When the wolf riders show up, I might get another box of these guys.
The warband is currently led by the Amazon, who is made out of a plastic kit produced by Shieldwolf Minitures, a kit that I have criticised before. The sculpts are nice, but there are things about the sprue design that are very bad. Still, I like how this gal turned out.
Zombies in the foreground are a mix of Zombies and Ghouls from Mantic Games.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
Re: Gandalf's thread of stuff - aSoIaF kitbashes, Oathmark etc.
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2019, 10:08:20 PM »
I am making progress on both Oathmark forces, but I also painted this beauty: A Silver Dragon from Wizkids. The color scheme is inspired by the Green Dragon from classic pc game Heroes of Might and Magic III.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2019, 06:36:56 AM »
Nice painting indeed
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2019, 02:12:19 PM »
That dragon turned out rather nice  :-*
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2019, 02:22:04 PM »
Great updates  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2019, 02:19:16 AM »
A wonderful dragon

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »
Shieldwall!

These troops will be used as Warriors in a Age of Magic Saga warband. The shields are somewhat inspired by the game Rangers of Shadow Deep, and you could say that these guys are Alladorians.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2019, 12:12:44 PM »
The Age of Magic warband uses the Lords of the Wild faction. This is your typical "Wood Elf" list, but could also be used for beastmen and lizardmen. My warband is an army of human woodsmen and rangers. This small group is 1,5 points of Hearthguard with bows, and represent elite pathfinders of the army.

Half the unit uses Frostgrave soldier bodies with Oathmark arms, heads and quivers. The leader type is an almost straight Oathmark build, but with a Conquest head (from the Medieval Archers kit) and a repositioned bow. The Dwarf is a mix of Oathmark Dwarf and human, with a hood in greenstuff. The last man, in chainmail, is mostly Conquest Archer, with Oathmark arms and accessories, plus a greenstuff hood.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »
Warriors with bows. These guys are straight from the Oathmark kit, but some have repositioned hands. An interesting dilemma in this kit is how to attach a quiver to the body with a cloak. I cut down a quiver and placed it at the hip, so that it looks as though the cloak is hiding most of it. This can be seen on the leader of the pathfinders in the last post as well.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
Commanders!

The old knight is a metal figure. I really like this model.
The banner bearer is made from Oathmark Humans but with a head from Warlords Female Apocalypse Survivors kit. The flag is plastic, from Fireforge Games knights. The two Lieutenants are slightly kitbashed. The helmetless guy has two swrods and a small shield on his back. His head is from a Conquest kit, though I am not sure if it is from the Norman Knight kit or the Archers. Probably the latter. The other Lieutenant has arms from Fireforges Scandinavians kit, where the shield also comes from.
Behind them you can see a couplle of soldiers with bardiches, and in the background is a guardsman with a bardiche, taking care of the pack mule(wizkids figure).

Most shields in the army are from Fireforge Games Scandinavian Warriors, but some come from Conquest Games and some from Oathmark Dwarves.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:29:46 PM by Gandalf the G »

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2019, 03:46:56 PM »
I really like the brown, yellow and green color scheme you've got going on for them. Your painting is really neat, and the force is coming along very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2019, 08:31:21 AM »
Here is a small unit of mercenary cavalry. They all wear green, and the shields are black/white quartered, but the ends of the small flag are painted red and blue to match the Oathmark gang.

The models are all from Conquest games, with some parts from the norman infantry and archer kits.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2019, 08:38:19 AM »
Work in progress Zombies.

I originally intended to use twelve zombies as Levy for my Orc Saga:Age of Magic army, but when I read the rules I saw that it wasn't really possible.

The zombies are mainly from Mantic games, and are a mix of Zombie and Ghoul parts. However, these new guys are using some parts from Frostgrave and Warlord games as well.

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
These guys are a mix of Warlord games Celts, legs and heads from Mantics Ghoul kit, and hands+weapons from Oathmark Goblins.
They are a small unit of Berserkers for my Horde in Age of Magic.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »
Wow, those bersekers look great! I love a good kitbash.