Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Advance in the Desert  (Read 2304 times)

BattleScape

Advance in the Desert
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:17:43 AM »
In the cold twilight of North Africa (imagination needed here!) Australian troops advance through a recently "captured" Italian artillery position. Still wearing their initial issue Service Dress,they are thankful  for the warmth in the cold desert night. An NCO tries to get the attention of his officer as he discovers a table containing numerous maps.

O'Connor has ordered that the Australians take advantage of all the "Captured" Italian equipment and equip an Armoured Squadron. The M11/39 Tank is utilised and always wary of friendly fire the 6th Division "Tankies" paint White Kangaroos (the divisional emblem) on their Italian acquisitions to try and minimise any unfortunate incidents!

I do apologise for the poor background, but my need to finish this today and get it photographed, prevented much else.   :blink:  However a post by Cacadores on the BattleScape Forum regarding the Australian used Italian tanks, gave me the idea and motivation to get this done. I did this little setup over the last couple of days, with the vast majority done today. I should also acknowledge Pz Ferdinand for his notes regarding how the use of them by Australians came about. The figures are by BattleScape Figures, Tanks by Frontline and Gun by SHQ.

regards
Mathew

Offline Sendak

• Mad Scientist
Advance in the Desert
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
Well done!

I pick the kangaroo markings as my first bit of appreciation. Very nicely done, consistent, and well made.

The vehicles are top drawer.

I'm just learning 'camera' so I can't honestly give any advice or crits.

Foot-sloggers are impressive as well.
"Primative life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth." Stephen Hawking

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Advance in the Desert
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
Hi Mathew,

Sorry for not responding sooner. They are top show and the fact they are Aussies using captured Italian armour and artillery it's just brillant. I wonder how many folks would be brave enough in comp gaming to use such for their forces ???

Now are they 20 mm figures? And who designed the figures?

Thanks again and my best wishes to you.

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)