Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Indoctri....letting my daughter learning the joy of tabletop gaming  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: Indoctri....letting my daughter learning the joy of tabletop gaming
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2018, 03:23:03 PM »
Well, there's the Oathmark Goblins, but I'm afraid that they'll scale up to be about as tall as the metal orcs you're using right now.

The Oathmark goblins are quite small; here's a link showing how they scale with Mantic orcs, which are about the same size and build as the Mirliton/Grenadier orcs.

You get 30 for £25, and there are archers and warleaders in the box. You could easily use a standard-bearer (with skull-topped staff) as a shaman. There's no cavarly as yet, but I gather some is rumoured ...

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2018, 04:25:52 PM »
Thanks for the answers! I really like those Oathmarks goblins. If there arent any wolfriders coming soon. erhaps it is possible to convert some using the GW range combined with Oathmark torsos.

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »
What about using the GW LOTR / Hobbit orcs and goblins? The plastic orcs I imagine are hunched over enough and at a slightly smaller scale to appear smaller than most 90s GW humans which you've used. And the Moria golbins will be smaller still.

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
I've begun to introduce the concept of polyhedral dice to my daughter in the form of a made-up Paw Patrol board game. I loathe PP myself but it's working! Eventually we will move on to SoBaH with 'globins' but that's a few years off yet.

Offline andyskinner

• Bookworm
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2018, 05:43:11 PM »
I love the map.  I decided our games really needed a map to not be so abstract.  My wife is my usual opponent, and I think it would be better to have a background.

It needs to be a small area, since we're doing skirmish.  No mighty armies conquering nations.  I could not draw the map you did, so have been looking at map software.

andy

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
I've begun to introduce the concept of polyhedral dice to my daughter in the form of a made-up Paw Patrol board game. I loathe PP myself but it's working! Eventually we will move on to SoBaH with 'globins' but that's a few years off yet.
Could be worse... you could be trying to fashion a wargame out of Peppa Pig's adventures.  lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.