Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: i No pasarán !  (Read 20613 times)

Offline Klatu Verata Nicto

• Assistant
i No pasarán !
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 08:46:38 PM »
I bought "For whom the Bell tolls" on DVD this week

Forgot about that one. Really good. There are also a lot of spanish movies about the war, i´ll recomend "La Vaquilla" (thats a young bull) its a comedy and its more about the social frame of the war but worth watching.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
i No pasarán !
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 09:10:41 PM »
I guess that Spanish movies will be even harder to purchase here in Germany... :D but thanks for the tip, I´ll keep an eye.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Boeing P-26 Peashooter "X-12275"
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 12:22:07 AM »
Finished my model of the one and only P-26 in service in Spain. I took some minor liberties with the model (mainly omitting the ominous "underwing gun pods" for the vickers, since I could not find pics to model them, and simplified the rigging somewhat), but tried to capture the paint scheme as faithfully as possible. One minor point, though: according to 50% of the sources (ie profiles) I found, namely one, the P-26 had it´s license number X-12275 written into the yellow field on the rudder. I left it off because I feared it would ruin the nice, striking colours.

I´ll add more pictures tomorrow, when the flying stand has dried.

A shot of the pilot prior to assembly of the hull halves. Afterwards, I assembled the complete plane sans airscrew and windscreen, taped off the cockpit and spray-primed it white. The metal colour was achieved by painting it Vallejo gunmetal in two thin coats, then fine-washing it black-grey, drybrushing on another coat of gunmetal, and gloss-varnishing it after the colour markings were painted on.

In the above shot, the flying goggles remain unpainted. The model is a mix of a Tamiya plastic body, a metal Head from Anglian´s "Pasamontana Headset", and a lot of putty. Just too bad you can´t see any of it after the hull was assembled, but the head (visible) with scarf is nice enough. :cry:

Although the price was rather high (and I think I´ll order the next kits, an I-16 and a Cr-32, online), I´m very happy with the finished model, especially due to the paint scheme. I´m least happy with the rigging, because the yarn used started to rough up after I applied the glue to stiffen it. Well, again, the overall finish is good enough for a game piece, I guess, and compared to my Early WW1 German plane, the rigging was a piece of cake.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Re: Boeing P-26 Peashooter "X-12275"
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 06:40:45 AM »
Quote from: "Westfalia Chris"

In the above shot, the flying goggles remain unpainted. The model is a mix of a Tamiya plastic body, a metal Head from Anglian´s "Pasamontana Headset", and a lot of putty. Just too bad you can´t see any of it after the hull was assembled, but the head (visible) with scarf is nice enough. :cry:

Copplestone has a pack of pilots available, some of them half figures to put into the cockpit, if you want to save time on your next project. ...an I-15 or I-16 perhaps?  But your sculp looks good.

Warren B.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
i No pasarán !
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 11:28:44 AM »
That's great work Chris. Your metallic work on the body turned out great.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Boeing P-26 Peashooter "X-12275"
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 12:19:17 PM »
Quote from: "warrenbruhn"

Copplestone has a pack of pilots available, some of them half figures to put into the cockpit, if you want to save time on your next project. ...an I-15 or I-16 perhaps?  But your sculp looks good.

Warren B.

Well, given that it´ll take some two to three weeks for 1. the IMO to clear, 2. the stuff to arrive, compared to one enjoyable hour of sculpting, I guess I´ll stick with homebrewed pilots... not really a saving. :D

I´ll agree that the Copplestone pilots are pretty nifty models, though. I´ll get a pack once I see some at a convention. However, I think they´ll be more at home in the 1920s than the 1930s, judging from the style of clothing...

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
i No pasarán !
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »
Great job, Chris! And fast work! But you're German, so I'm not really surprised.  :lol:

The metallic body looks really great.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
i No pasarán !
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 12:24:27 PM »
Quote from: "PeteMurray"
The metallic body looks really great.

Doesn´t it, indeed? That Vallejo Game Color Gunmetal, in conjunction with the Nerchau varnish, must certainly be the best metallic paint I´ve ever used. I love it, and it looks great on the display stand... stupidly, I forgot to plug in the battery recharger for the digicam last night, so we´ll have to wait another 11 hours until they´re recharged... :?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
i No pasarán !
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »
SOmething new, if historically not fully accurate, three IBs recruited from my Bits Box and a Friend, from various manufacturers (Brigade and Crusader, AFAIK).

I´ve got pictorial proof for the Adrians, the Gorillo, gaiters and rifles - the chauchat and greatcoats... well, the minis had them, and they´d fit for Guadalajara.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Back to the soul, baby
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »
Finally, after my rather mannerist exploits of the last weeks, a "soulful" little model in the shape of a cardboard FT-17. So cute. I´ll add a base made from an old credit-type plastic card, but that still has to dry, so a prepic for starters. I´ll take some pics with terrain this week.

Scale is ca. 1:56th.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
i No pasarán !
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
Finished the base for the FT-17:

And built a BA-6 Armoured car, from a plan found on the internet:

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
i No pasarán !
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 01:04:08 PM »
Teutonic Efficiency!  :lol:

Great work as always. I'm constantly amazed at your models. I'm building a little galleon and haven't gotten past the hull, and it's a lot simpler than a BA-6 armored car!

I got the Praeger/Osprey Campaign book for the Ebro, and now I feel myself succumbing to SCW disease, too.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
i No pasarán !
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »
Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf B for the Nationalists... well, the only thing I´ve got for the Nationalists so far. :D

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
More Nationalist Armour!
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »
A delante!

Well, it´s been almost a year since I last did something for my SCW project, and last weekend at Crisis, I finally got around buying the second force, Nationalists, plus some Republicans to round out the stuff I already got.

You may have seen the first of the Spanish Foreign Legionaries in my current LPL entry, but I also got and painted some vehicles for the Nationalists. More Stuff, including Légion Espagnol, Regulares Moroccanos, Condor Legion and a sniping Catholic Priest to come in the next few weeks, so I´d be happy if you came back once I posted new stuff.

First, one of the lovely UNL-35 Armoured Cars. A big beastie, but nice and handy as well. Thanks to Driscoles for that one.

And some Italian-built CV3/35 tankettes. Historically-seen, deathtraps, but very, very Interwar, if not Pulp.

Oh, and once the Prof is back in action, please feel free to move this topic to the WW1/WW2 board. It made perfect sense to me to post here back then but now feels terribly... "duh". You know.

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
i No pasarán !
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »
nice stuff Chris! I´ll undercoat some Requetes tonight  8)  What is this white cross over black ground?