Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Castle Falkenstein Miniatures. Documentation & Project Log.  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Castle Falkenstein Miniatures. Documentation & Project Log.
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 07:36:54 AM »
Steve Jackson made a set of Steampunk miniatures with a clockwork cat they were not however for Castle Falkenstien.

Do you mean this one?

Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 10:03:14 AM »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »
Steve Jackson made a set of Steampunk miniatures with a clockwork cat they were not however for Castle Falkenstien.[sic]

And I picked up a few when sold ridiculously cheap several cons ago.

Still, the packs listed at the store are High Fayrie #1 and Wizards & Sorceresses #2, stock numbers SSG155003 and SSG155019. As out of stock, I fear we shall never know for certains; I suspect SJG may have gotten some of the unsold stock to disperse when receiving the license. That, or NobleKnight merely pulled the numbers out of their nether regions...  lol

Doug

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33:18 AM »
Interesting - I have the RPG book and the two expansions, and I have the "missing" Soldier pack (can't post a picture, unfortunately - technically challenged; I don't, for example, even own a cell phone).  Other than that, had only ever seen the Wizards & Sorcerers,  and Dragons in Human form.  The Soldiers pack has three figures:  a man aiming a revolver (looks bit like a Colt) with his gloved right hand (in a duelist-like pose), wearing a cape (left arm hidden under it), knee-high boots, cuirass with a winged dragon emblem on it,cape, and a helmet with a cres similar to the Austro-Hungarian dragoons and cuirassiers of the 1860's - 1914; a bare-headed duelist in typical en-garde position (left gloved hand up, right grasping the saber with arm bent at elbow, saber point forward), bloused boots, wearing a military tunic with four rows of hussar-like lace across the front and shoulder straps/epaulates (interestingly, but for the lace the tunic is more like a lancer's, as the opening would be down the right front); the third man is in same uniform as the other sword carrier, but without gloves, and he leads with his left arm, his saber-wielding right arm behind him and raised as if to make a cut.   

I have these also, I thought they were Flintloque figures when I bought them off ebay.
I will try to find them and post a picture
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 06:01:20 PM »

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:40 PM »
Yes, those three indeed are the Castle Falkenstein soldiers pack.  Having dug out my old Castle Falkenstein, I can attest to the fact that they are derived from drawings in the ruleset/book.  The picture of the shooting cuirassier, however, lacks the cloak (and has a star, instead of a dragon emblem, on the cuirass itself).