Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Not so Nautilus and crew  (Read 5289 times)

Offline ZMM

• Student
    • Gydran Miniatures Studio
Not so Nautilus and crew
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
So,

One of the main things i like is background to my characters, including how they get from one place to another. As I'm really into my VSF like IHMN and EotD i decided to create a submarine crew as one of my factions/crews whilst waiting for the Nautilus crew to be released.

Let me know what you think.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Not so Nautilus and crew
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:11:58 AM »
It looks quite an eclectic mix, whereas my view of the Nautilus crew is that it would be more navy-like. But, that is my view, you should build your own narrative.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline set2121

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:57:23 AM »
 :o there's going to be a Nautilus crew released ?  witch conpany is doing it i shall have to keep my eyes open for them.

nice sub as well

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »
:o there's going to be a Nautilus crew released ?  witch conpany is doing it i shall have to keep my eyes open for them.

nice sub as well

Not by anyone I know, but I do know so little.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »
Nemo and crew are being released as part of Westwind Productions Empire of the Dead Requiem release. They where added to the kickstarter as a stretch goal. Theres an alt Nemo in Turban as well that will be available as a single character

Here's the concept art the pics download weird. But you can see it bigger on the KS page here just scroll down.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/832150598/empire-of-the-dead-requiem-0

Offline ZMM

• Student
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »
It looks quite an eclectic mix, whereas my view of the Nautilus crew is that it would be more navy-like. But, that is my view, you should build your own narrative.

Yeah i know, not so much the crew of the nautilus than a rag tag group of adventurers. My idea behind it was that the people have been picked up from all over the world and have their own skills so they needed to look diverse.

Online NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 11:25:06 AM »
Nemo and crew are being released as part of Westwind Productions Empire of the Dead Requiem release. They where added to the kickstarter as a stretch goal. Theres an alt Nemo in Turban as well that will be available as a single character

Here's the concept art the pics download weird. But you can see it bigger on the KS page here just scroll down.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/832150598/empire-of-the-dead-requiem-0

Are they released? Where can I order them???
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
Are they released? Where can I order them???

They should be available during August to those who supported the Kickstarter campaign. They should then be appearing on the WestWind website presumbaly in September/October.

Westwind has a lot of very, very nice stuff coming out in support of EOTD, that will be perfect for anyone playing IHMN.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline ZMM

• Student
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
They should be available during August to those who supported the Kickstarter campaign. They should then be appearing on the WestWind website presumbaly in September/October.

Westwind has a lot of very, very nice stuff coming out in support of EOTD, that will be perfect for anyone playing IHMN.

Yup yup, as i supported kickstarter i'm really looking forward to getting my hands on them! :)

Offline ZMM

• Student
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »
Yup yup, as i supported kickstarter i'm really looking forward to getting my hands on them! :)

Oh, also in preparation for them being released i couldn't resist starting the Nautilus scratch build for them too!

It's a bit of a behemoth even though it's made as partially visible/docked as a scenery piece.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
Yeah I think end of the year is the plan. Depends on if there is another delay or not at the moment its all go for the backers to receive there stuff end of August/Beginning of September fingers crossed.

I couldn't squeeze my budget to add these in but I do have all the original Requiem stuff coming plus the Hell Division and tokens.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 05:28:39 PM »
It's a bit of a behemoth even though it's made as partially visible/docked as a scenery piece.
Gosh, that has very nice lines for a behemoth!

Looks just right and also very playable, too. Well done! 20,000 Leagues is one of my all time favourite 'going to the films' childhood memories.  :-*
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Online NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »

Ok Mala,
I wait for this to make my "league of"-crew. Sept/Oct is ok, because I have all this nice stuff from Nick of Northstar.

Offline Captain Nemo

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »
Some how I missed that Kickstarter... :-[
But I cant wait to get my hands on a decent crew like that.
\"The natives over there are cannibals. They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men.\"